Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Android Update Beyond 4.2.2

I'm having trobule with some apps that are not supported on Android 4.2.2, and require at least 4.3.3. However, this OS is not availabe for this device from Samsung. Is it possible to get an OS upgrade beyond 4.2.2? How?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by quabba81 View Post
    I'm having trobule with some apps that are not supported on Android 4.2.2, and require at least 4.3.3. However, this OS is not availabe for this device from Samsung. Is it possible to get an OS upgrade beyond 4.2.2? How?
    Welcome to the forum. As far as I know, the only way you can get a higher update than is available for your device is to root it and put a custom ROM on it. Unless you're familiar with this kind of process, I wouldn't advise doing it. Just curious, what apps are not supported by 4.2.2? I have that build, and haven't found anything that is won't support!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Thank you. I just switched from iPad to the Galaxy Tab, and I used to use some travel and chat apps like Hilton Honors, and WhatsApp. I also tried to check a Progressive app, all are incompatible. There were others, too. I know I can just use the web sites, but apps are usually a little easier on the smaller screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum. As far as I know, the only way you can get a higher update than is available for your device is to root it and put a custom ROM on it. Unless you're familiar with this kind of process, I wouldn't advise doing it. Just curious, what apps are not supported by 4.2.2? I have that build, and haven't found anything that is won't support!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was wondering about this as well. My wife has a Nexus 7, and went from Android 4.2.2 to 4.4.3 last August. Are there no further updates planned for Samsung?

Remove Ads

Ads