Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Settings for Apps Auto Shudown?

Hello, I'm a new owner of a galaxy tab 3 10 inch, and like it a lot.

Does anyone know the answer to this. When I was first messing in the settings I think there was some setting to make an app shutdown if it needed too many resources etc. And I selected it. Or at least I remember something about it?

Now some apps shutdown for no reason, if doing intensive tasks like searching a large pdf file etc.

Does anyone know how to examine or change this setting?
    I do check the ram in task manager and it does seem to have lots of ram free.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I wish I had an idea what setting you changed. There is no "normal" setting that will do what you said you did unless you somehow enabled the developer settings. If you did, you would probably remember as they are usually hidden. Apps should not shut down on their own. Android does a good job of managing the RAM as needed, without requiring you do anything special.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Sorry thta setting might be a mistaken memory, I, ve had the tab3 foralmost 3 weeks and it was something I remembered from the first day or two. It might be that I was remebering something about apps being shut down to release memory etc.

The main problem I am getting at the moment re shutdown is using polaris office to view pdfs. If I click on any internal link in the text like the contents pages in the first few pages of the galaxy tab manual pdf it displays the page number like it is trying to go to that page, then locks up for 5 seconds and then shuds down the app. It did this from day one with all pdfs, on ram and sd card. You could confirm with the standard 5mb galaxy manual pdf if you like.

That is the most annoying shudown, but shutdowns have occurred with other apps doing things like navigating and searching in documents etc. I have heaps of free ram, about 300 to 400 mb normally. And thismhas happened since day one with the included apps, even before downloading any apps. I have only downloaded about 7 apps.

if you can offer any suggestions why this (these?) shutdowns are happening that would be really appreciated!
    **** Please forgive bad grammar or punctuation- I, m typing on a tablet! ****

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Apps just shutting down like that is not normal under any circumstances. You could be experiencing a cache corruption problem or it could be some other single app that was installed that is causing it. You may want to try this app to see if a good cache clean helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nmaster.mguard
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Cool, thanks I, ll look into that.

This shutdown in polaris office happened before I had used any apps or even connected to wifi. The first pdf I tried was from my PC on an sd card, and polaris office still had the same shutdown problem.

That pdf is the english galaxy tab 3 user manual, the 5.4Mb landscape layout version. But all other pdfs had the same problem.

If someone has a tab3 and the standard bundled polaris office I would be very appreciative if they could try that pdf or any other and see if clicking on a link in the pdf crashes when it tries to go to the page?
    **** Please forgive bad grammar or punctuation- I, m typing on a tablet! ****

Remove Ads

Ads