Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RomeoBravo

Thread: Monospaced Font for Tab3 System?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Monospaced Font for Tab3 System?

Hi, does anyone know how to get a goood monospced font working on the galaxy tab 3 10.1?

I want to be able to use it everywhere, even in things like the internet search bar etc. I also prefer monospaced fonts in general to allow easy tabling of data etc.

I was able to install a verdana.apk font from the samsung store, which works in system fonts. But it, s not monospaced.

Then I got a large pack of font apks which seem to install ok, but the tab3 won, t allow them to be set as the system font. Grrr.

Please does anyone know how to make a font apk work as the system font?

Or, does anyone know a good monospaced font I can getwhich will work ok, without needing some snoopy invasive app installed to just get a font working?
    Much appreciated!
    **** Please forgive bad grammar or punctuation- I, m typing on a tablet! ****

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by RomeoBravo View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to get a goood monospced font working on the galaxy tab 3 10.1?

I want to be able to use it everywhere, even in things like the internet search bar etc. I also prefer monospaced fonts in general to allow easy tabling of data etc.

I was able to install a verdana.apk font from the samsung store, which works in system fonts. But it, s not monospaced.

Then I got a large pack of font apks which seem to install ok, but the tab3 won, t allow them to be set as the system font. Grrr.

Please does anyone know how to make a font apk work as the system font?

Or, does anyone know a good monospaced font I can getwhich will work ok, without needing some snoopy invasive app installed to just get a font working?
    Much appreciated!
    Welcome to the forum. I'm just curious as to why you want universal a monospaced font. I know you said it allows easy tabling of data, but I wish you would elaborate, and explain why variable-width fonts won't do.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Hi, and thanks for the welcome!
    I suppose I should explain a bit better. I, m a programmer and technical guy, and mainly when working with text I like to be able to do code snippets etc and make things line up. Even if typing a quick idea into a memo etc, I hope that makes sense.

The other reason is that I, m finding it hard to touch the screen between the letters I need to do edits, because the silly inbuilt fonts all have very thin lowercase letters specifically iljf etc. Using a monospced font for the system would be much more functional for me as the uniform large width characters will me much easier to select and move editing cursors on the screen. I know about the doubletap to zoom in, but that gets old quick when working with code etc where I need to edit values, in the code.

I REALLY want a monospced font.

I downloaded an image editor app that has droid sans mono font, which would be fine but I can, t think how to make it work as the system font or use it in other apps like text editors or memo etc.

I, d really apreciate any input on installing fonts and making them work in other apps etc.
    sculptedstylus likes this.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Here is my thought. It sounded as if you were looking for a monospace font for general use and as the system default. I don't think that would be likely to happen without first rooting your tablet end even then I'm not certain what I could tell you to do. But that said there are many word processing and spreadsheet apps that can change the font/style. I'm afraid that's my best suggestion.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Hmm, I, m hoping that will be a last resort.

I have already had one success, I downloaded verdana.sdk font from the samsung store, which was just a font apk with no permissions. That installed fine, and appeared in the fonts list in settings. I, m currently using that as my system font for everything.

Other font apks install fine, and appear in the system fonts in settings, BUT give an error when I try to select them.

But obviously it, s not impossible because the verdana font worked fine. So maybe there, s some hope!

I would have thought it would be common for people to install new fonts into their system font? Or does every tab3 user just live with the 6 font choices they get as standard?

Remove Ads

Ads