Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Seems Completely Dead

My tab is pretty old - had it for almost 3 years now - and it's been having an issue lately where it will often just die while the battery is still at 30% or even above. It doesn't properly shut down, but just sort of blinks to a black screen. Each time, all I had to do was plug it in, wait a little, and power it back up, and it would never cut out like that if it was connected to a charger during use.

Today, though, it died and would not turn back on. Each time I hold the power button or any of the button combinations, it only goes to the screen that says "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3" before cutting back to black. If I hold the button down longer, it does it twice and then the screen just stays black. I was able to get it to turn on for a little bit, and the battery displayed over 50%, but the charger would not connect. I tried 2 different chargers that worked on other devices and neither would make the little charging icon show up in the battery. The tablet then died again and I have not been able to turn it on since. Plugging it into my computer doesn't even give a response (on the tablet or the computer), so I'm thinking the usb port is completely dead and that's why it wouldn't charge.

The strange thing is I can get it to the download mode by pressing Power+VolDown+Home, and it will stay turned on that screen for as long as I leave it, but that doesn't seem particularly helpful since I can't do anything but download a custom OS from there, and the cable connection doesn't register even if that would help.

So assuming that it's old and finally gave out, is there any way I can get my data back? Most of my pictures were on my SD card, but there were still quite a few on the tablet storage that I'd really hate to lose...
    Last edited by KendallF; 03-28-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads