Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Seems Completely Dead

My tab is pretty old - had it for almost 3 years now - and it's been having an issue lately where it will often just die while the battery is still at 30% or even above. It doesn't properly shut down, but just sort of blinks to a black screen. Each time, all I had to do was plug it in, wait a little, and power it back up, and it would never cut out like that if it was connected to a charger during use.

Today, though, it died and would not turn back on. Each time I hold the power button or any of the button combinations, it only goes to the screen that says "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3" before cutting back to black. If I hold the button down longer, it does it twice and then the screen just stays black. I was able to get it to turn on for a little bit, and the battery displayed over 50%, but the charger would not connect. I tried 2 different chargers that worked on other devices and neither would make the little charging icon show up in the battery. The tablet then died again and I have not been able to turn it on since. Plugging it into my computer doesn't even give a response (on the tablet or the computer), so I'm thinking the usb port is completely dead and that's why it wouldn't charge.

The strange thing is I can get it to the download mode by pressing Power+VolDown+Home, and it will stay turned on that screen for as long as I leave it, but that doesn't seem particularly helpful since I can't do anything but download a custom OS from there, and the cable connection doesn't register even if that would help.

So assuming that it's old and finally gave out, is there any way I can get my data back? Most of my pictures were on my SD card, but there were still quite a few on the tablet storage that I'd really hate to lose...
    Last edited by KendallF; 03-28-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Well, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is quite old now and also runs on an old operating system. I would recommend you to get a new one in the same price range. There are many tablets in the market which doesn't break the bank and offers new range of specifications and also runs on latest operating system. You might have seen the Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 which is considered as one of the best budget tablet under 200 offering Quad-Core chipset and 1.5 GB RAM. It comes with Lollipop operating system out of the box which you can later upgrade to Marshmallow. There's long lasting 7,300 mah battery which can deliver upto 12 hours of screen on time. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by clayjensen; 07-05-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads