Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro

Creating Icon Folder

on all the other android items i have (which are rooted) i have been able to stack or create "folders" for associated app icons. i have a rooted tab 12.2 but it won't let me stack icons at all. is there an app that will do that for me. when i did a search on the play store, the couple of apps that claim to be able to create folders are phone oriented and won't function properly on a tablet. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Srs244, I'm pretty sure all Samsung tabs can create folders. Try this: 1) Have one of the icons. that you want to have in the folder, on your desktop 2) from you app draw, long press on another icon that you want to include, and drag it to the one on your desktop until it expands. Remember to drag additional icons from the app drawer. Let us know if that does the trick!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    i have tried exactly what you described multiple times (since it is exactly the way it has worked on all my other android devices (and even my old iphones) from my galaxy 3 and 4, my original galaxy 10.1 tablet, etc), but it doesn't seem to work on my 12.2 galaxy tab pro. whenever i try to drag one icon over another, it just chases the icon not being dragged to a new location instead of kind of illuminating it and allow the icons to "merge". i was hoping that there was something i was missing, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by srs244 View Post
    ... whenever i try to drag one icon over another, it just chases the icon not being dragged to a new location instead of kind of illuminating it and allow the icons to "merge"...
    Are you long pressing the second app from the app drawer?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Are you long pressing the second app from the app drawer?
    no. i have always been able to do it with any icon that had been moved to one of the main screens. i will try it using an icon on one of the home screens and one from the app collection and see what happens. interesting if it should work since i haven't ever done it that way on any previous iphone or android device that i own. thanks

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    ... i will try it using an icon on one of the home screens and one from the app collection and see what happens...
    That's the way it works for me!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    just an update, unfortunately no matter what i try, it won't blend (imbed or merge) one icon over the others to create a "folder". very frustrating because it has always worked in the past on all my other devices. grabbing an icon from the drawer and attempting to overlay it on one of the icons on the home page, doesn't work any better than trying two icons from the same page. about the only thing i haven't tried is overlaying one on the other in the drawer and then trying to move it to another page. my guess however is that won't produce any results different than what i have been getting.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    ... no matter what i try, it won't blend (imbed or merge) one icon over the others to create a "folder"...
    The only other thing I can recommend is installing Circle Launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.light&hl=en It's a great widget that allows you to do the same thing in a radial, or circular configuration. I use it on all my devices, before they allowed for native folders. Give it a try, kind'f fun playing with its variations, like size of circle, icons, etc. It's free, and they have a $100 version too.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    The only other thing I can recommend is installing Circle Launcher https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.light&hl=en It's a great widget that allows you to do the same thing in a radial, or circular configuration. I use it on all my devices, before they allowed for native folders. Give it a try, kind'f fun playing with its variations, like size of circle, icons, etc. It's free, and they have a $100 version too.
    thanks. i'll give that a try.

Remove Ads

Ads