Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro

Pro 10.1 Tablet Won't Power Off

Power button feels like it is working in as much as it presses in and is not jammed. However, the tablet will not power off. Is this a hardware fault or is it android/firmware?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by RQCS View Post
    Power button feels like it is working in as much as it presses in and is not jammed. However, the tablet will not power off. Is this a hardware fault or is it android/firmware?
    Sounds like hardware to me. If you want a fix for it, you can install an app like Screen Off and Lock in the Play store. I keep it on all my devices, cuts using the power button in half.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    Thanks for the reply, but if the Power Button is broken and I power off using the suggested software - how do I power it back on again?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by RQCS View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but if the Power Button is broken and I power off using the suggested software - how do I power it back on again?
    Sorry, I thought you could power it on, just but not off! Does your tab have a home button, does it turn on your device?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    At present I cannot power it off. I dare not let the battery drain in case it cannot be switched on again. It has a home button, but I have no idea if this will switch the device on from a powered-down state, but I doubt it.

The tablet will not lock from a single hit of the power button. I think this suggests that the power button is broken?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    RQCS, if the home button turns your device on, and the app I cited turns it off (not power it off), you should be OK.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet that is completely frozen. ... You give no details of which Samsung tablet you have but, I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, ... Sure have, it won't turn off, swiping the front screen doesn't do anything. ..... Solvedhow to fix a samsung galaxy tablet 2 10.1 after rebooting it ...

Remove Ads

Ads