Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Samsung HDMI HDTV Adaptor Will Not Work With WiFi Only (By Design)

So after getting a new HDTV adaptor for my GT10.1 for Christmas, I plugged it in and didnt work. The screen would drop signal a few times a minute and come back on. Called Samsung, promised a call back from a level 2 tech within x amount of days. No reply.

I call them back and ask again for the "Level 2" techs that havent called me yet. They are still out, Ill schedule a call within 24-48hrs. No reply.

I call them back third time, I need a "Level 2" tech please. They are not in for a third time! The guy honestly tries to help me, says its not the adaptor but the tablet itself that is broken. Sets me up to send it back in for repairs. For fun I drive over and get my brothers GT10.1, it does the same thing! So im not sending my tablet in for a week or two to be repaired when it does the same thing on two perfectly functioning tablets!

Call for the 4th time. Talking to a girl who actually knows what shes talking about, and not a level 2. Immediatly she says, "The Wifi only models are not compatable with the HDTV adapter"

GRRR!!!! I knew I should have bought an IPAD2!!!!!!!! (Im tired of ALL the small glitches)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hummm,

This can`t be true since I have a wi-fi only model and the HDMI adaptor works fine with my Samsung monitor and my Sony Bravia HD TV - watch a full movie from the Tab last night. Only thing I can think may be a difference is that I have rooted my Tab but that would suggest that the stock Samsung software for Wi-Fi is deliberately cobbled, which sounds iffy....

UM

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You need to root for the HDMI to work. I had the exact same problem and was told the HDMI is disabled by default on the wifi. Once I rooted and flashed a new ROM and all OK now

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoach1999 View Post
    You need to root for the HDMI to work. I had the exact same problem and was told the HDMI is disabled by default on the wifi. Once I rooted and flashed a new ROM and all OK now

Im not voiding my warranty for soemthing that should work. I checked the online compatibility finder on samsungs website and it said they are "gauranteed to work together!"

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    anyone else had this problem

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am using the hd adapter and it works,but needs to be powered.
    My set up is the 10.1tab wifi, dock,hd adapter.
    Put tab in dock,put power cord into hd adapter,short lead on adapter to dock and you will have hdmi output.
    I use this setup with my OPTIMA PK 301 pocket projector and it works as described.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc6iih View Post
    I am using the hd adapter and it works,but needs to be powered.
    My set up is the 10.1tab wifi, dock,hd adapter.
    Put tab in dock,put power cord into hd adapter,short lead on adapter to dock and you will have hdmi output.
    I use this setup with my OPTIMA PK 301 pocket projector and it works as described.
    that's what I was thinking, I don't have this yet, but I read that people were having issues with it on Youtube and had to remember to make sure it was powered/charger was plugged into hd adapter.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My new wifi came in last night and I tried to connect to my elite plasma and it did not work. I have the small hdmi adapter that you do have to plug into the charger to work.

I did not spend much time on it today, but tomorrow i will try again.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ive had my unrooted galaxy tab 10.1 (wifi only) since the summer and had no problems with the HDMI connector. One complaint is that the adapter is powered by the charging cable and makes an annoying beep when it is fully charged while watching a movie. I guess disabling all notifications is the only way to stop it.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffhokie View Post
    anyone else had this problem
    i have the same problem... used various tv's, various hdmi cords, updated software.....plays for a few seconds and cuts out...constantly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads