Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Beware Using the Zaggfolio Case/Keyboard

I recently purchased Zagg's Zaggfolio case/keyboard for my Galaxy Tab 10.1. While the keyboard is really nice, DO NOT use the case! The Tab slides into the case but is a HUGE pain to take out. It took me about 10 minutes to get my Tab out, and when I did, I noticed it pulled the top of the Tab's casing away from the screen. I was able to snap it back, but wow....there is no sense in something being that dang tight. Word the the wise - if you purchase this, ditch the case and just carry the keyboard. Otherwise, you'll be putting your Tab at risk!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I've had mine about 8 months and after a few times it comes out more easily.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm worried about trying to put the Tab back in and remove it. I am having to pull on the Tab with all of my strength to remove it (I'm 6'4", 235lbs - not exactly a weakling). Was yours that hard initially to remove? If so, I can keep trying and just pray something doesn't go terribly wrong.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have never had a problem removing mine, though it is a tight squeeze. My problem with the thing is that I use the keyboard all the time and lately the same thing keeps happening: I am unable to type certain keys, specifically O, L, the period and the number 9. Plus the ( . I don't know what causes this, thoug I do notice they are all on the same section of the keyboard. It used to be intermittent, and would go back to being fully functional again. It has since gotten progressively worse, so I can't reallydo the writing I wanted to with this tab. Don't know what to do since I am now living in Singapore but I bougt it at Best Buy in the US. No more receipt either....

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by omrebel View Post
    I'm worried about trying to put the Tab back in and remove it. I am having to pull on the Tab with all of my strength to remove it (I'm 6'4", 235lbs - not exactly a weakling). Was yours that hard initially to remove? If so, I can keep trying and just pray something doesn't go terribly wrong.
    Yes at first it was very hard. I'm. 5'10, 220,very strong in upper body and even cracked the top of the Zagg at the point between the power and volume buttons from grabbing/squeezing so hard. What finally worked was move a corner a little, other corner a little, back and forth until it came loose, about halfway out. After about half a dozen times it comes out much easier, with no rocking, but still very snug.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Support Our Troops!!!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by omtp View Post
    I have never had a problem removing mine, though it is a tight squeeze. My problem with the thing is that I use the keyboard all the time and lately the same thing keeps happening: I am unable to type certain keys, specifically O, L, the period and the number 9. Plus the ( . I don't know what causes this, thoug I do notice they are all on the same section of the keyboard. It used to be intermittent, and would go back to being fully functional again. It has since gotten progressively worse, so I can't reallydo the writing I wanted to with this tab. Don't know what to do since I am now living in Singapore but I bougt it at Best Buy in the US. No more receipt either....
    I would get with Zagg via their website. They are awesome to work with. It sounds like the keyboard is going bad

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Folio Fit

At ZAGG, we want to make certain that your experience is a good one and that our products work to your expectations. Please feel free to contact our customer service department for assistance. The tablet should be a "snug" fit, but not overly tight.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAGG2 View Post
    At ZAGG, we want to make certain that your experience is a good one and that our products work to your expectations. Please feel free to contact our customer service department for assistance. The tablet should be a "snug" fit, but not overly tight.
    I did contact Zagg about it. I was asked if I had the Verizon model (which I don't - it's the WIFI model). The person that contacted me was Darren S. After I replied to him about which model of the Tab I have I didn't get any response. I have been a huge fan of the Zagg screen protectors, but this case is horrible and won't put my Tab back in that case because it is way too tight and nearly impossible to get my Tab out of it.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've had the Zaggfolio case/keyboard since pretty early on in my GTab ownership. It is definitely a snug fit, but it doesn't require any unusual feats of strength to pull the GTab out (I'm 5'6", have worked in IT for 25 years, currently in management and spend 95% of my time in meetings...if that gives you an idea of my physical strength. hahaha). The only issue I have had is that grabbing the center of the GTab over the connector port in order to pull it out results in momentary 'oil rings'. They disappear as soon as I let go, but it still concerns me.

My Chinese Smart Cover knock off is more problematic. It, too, is a snug fit, but requires removing one corner at a time. This always has me worried that I'm going to 'tweak' (bend or kink) the GTab's chassis. :S

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for sharing your experiences, I will keep this in mind when I am in the market for a keyboard attachment, I think that they are really a neat idea but just don't need one at this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads