Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Problems with Auto Updating, Apps Turning Back On or Reinstalling

Just had to move from my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to a Galaxy Tab 4, (old one fell in water).

Anyway, this thing is driving me crazy. Apps I have uninstalled somehow start to reinstall. Apps I have Turned Off and Uninstalled Updates from somehow turn back on and begin updating.

How can I stop this crazy behavior?

Can I set it to never auto-update?

PS: the forum is reeeaally slowwww, words type onto the screen at a snails pace, rest of my internet is fine.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Yes, auto updating the apps can be turned off by opening the Play Store app then tap the icon upper left then settings. Should be listed there. Just uncheck the box.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Yes, auto updating the apps can be turned off by opening the Play Store app then tap the icon upper left then settings. Should be listed there. Just uncheck the box.
    Thanks for this, I think this worked.

I have in the lower left hand corner a rectangle that says Google and has what looks like a microphone on the right hand side of the rectangle. Can I get rid of this, uninstall it or turn it off?

Also, out of the blue the tablet said BLANK SD CARD. I turned off the tablet, then reseated the SD Card, then turned it back on and it worked. Have you heard of this happening?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn View Post

I have in the lower left hand corner a rectangle that says Google and has what looks like a microphone on the right hand side of the rectangle. Can I get rid of this, uninstall it or turn it off?
    That is the Google search bar. It can be moved to another screen. Long press then drag. It is also one way to ask Google a question by tapping the mic.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn View Post

I have in the lower left hand corner a rectangle that says Google and has what looks like a microphone on the right hand side of the rectangle. Can I get rid of this, uninstall it or turn it off.
    Yes you can get rid of it & turn it off.

Go to settings - applications - swipe sideways until you get to ALL
    Scroll down to find the Google Search app
    Clear cache, clear data, and either uninstall updates if necessary & then disable the app. (It might just say disable)
    Reboot your Tab.

This will remove the Google search bar from the screen and also remove the "OK Google" voice search option. It will not prevent you from searching Google from a browser.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Yes you can get rid of it & turn it off.

Go to settings - applications - swipe sideways until you get to ALL
    Scroll down to find the Google Search app
    Clear cache, clear data, and either uninstall updates if necessary & then disable the app. (It might just say disable)
    Reboot your Tab.

This will remove the Google search bar from the screen and also remove the "OK Google" voice search option. It will not prevent you from searching Google from a browser.
    I do not have this. The ALL list is alphabetical and I only have the following Google Apps showing, Account Manager, Partner Setup, Play Books, Play Games, Play services, Play Store, Services Framework.

Google Search does show up when I choose the TURNED OFF Apps, but not on the ALL. I did go in here now and CLEAR CACHE and CLEAR DATA.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Then turn it on again and then disable it

Unless you have already disabled it, of course!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Then turn it on again and then disable it
    Unless you have already disabled it, of course!
    Did all that, still the same. The Google Box for it is on all of my home screens, (I have 3 "home screens" on this tablet). Also, if I tap it, nothing seems to happen at all.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Long press and drag it to the trashcan above right.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Long press and drag it to the trashcan above right.
    I tried that but it won't work, long press it turns grey, but I cannot move it anywhere. I really wish Samsung would have made it easier, allow people to uninstall almost every app on the tablet. Way too many "built-in" apps that can only be turned off. Wish I could find a way to hack it and completely remove junk apps I have no interest in.
    Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 10-17-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads