Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Galaxy Tab 4 7": Rooting or Unlocking

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS?

As I have mentioned before, last Sept. we had to replace our Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus with a Galaxy Tab 4. Now we have only 8gb onboard vs. the 16gb the older one had. This is now becoming a big problem for us.

For one thing, most apps we cannot even update as it says we are out of room. We have uninstalled all apps we could that we do not use. We have also Turned Off and Cleared Data for any apps that we do not use but Samsung does not let us uninstall.

I think, if we could actually delete all the apps we do not use that the memory issue would go away.

Can someone please help me with or direct me to a good, user-friendly guide, that will help me to root/unlock this tablet and also advice on deleting apps. I know many could just be deleted, like I think the Hanscom Office ones, but I also know that some other ones might be vital for functionality of other things we do on the tablet.

Any such help would be greatly appreciated.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS!!!

We are so out of space we cannot do any updates. There has to be a way to free up memory on this tablet.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    This may help: [ROOT] Tab 4 SM-T230 [GUIDE] | Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

But I have found that,in the long run, nothing makes up for not having more/enough internal storage to start with.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    lleshor, sorry, been away from the boards for a while. I will look into this.

You are right, if they would have sold the same model with 7" form factor and more memory we would have bought that. But I was told by the Best Buy employee and a Samsung Rep who was on site that they only offered that one, at that time, in 8gb.

Remove Ads

Ads