Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 4

MP4's Won't Play

I have a tv series which I changed from avi to mp4 format and put on my galaxy tab 4. Some of them played ok and some wouldn't, I also tried my films which again had the same problem. I used "Any video converter" because it has a format for galaxy tab 10.1 again some played and some didn't.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

From the sound of it I would say that because some do and some don't play that there may have been an issue with your video conversion (the Any Video). With that said you may want to consider a different video player. Maybe MX Player or VLC.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    The problem with mp4 is that it isn't so much a format as a container - there are several variants within the standard and Leeshor's advice about a different app is a good idea.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 4
    Thanks for the advice but I have tried both of these players (VLC, MX) I have also tried QQ player, MS player, Dolphin player, and Rock player 2. All of these with no luck and I have also tried different video converters. Can I download any codecs which might help or is there video formats that will play.
    I just think that I have wasted my money on a device that is not fit for purpose.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Something is either wrong with the converter settings or the programs you used. Have you tried playing a downloaded MP4? Those players should have worked just fine. I have been able to play every MP4 I have found on my Samsung Tablet. It IS absolutely fit for that purpose.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 4
    I downloaded an mp4 program and plugged my tab direct into pc to transfer it. It gave me the option to either straight download or convert, which I did.The program then played on my tab with no problem. But I still can't convert a different file to mp4 then play because when I transfer it the option for converting it is not there.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I still feel it's the way the files are getting converted despite you using multiple programs. As a lat resort you may want to consider a factory reset.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 8.9
    The problem might be due to the program you used.

Remove Ads

Ads