Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Unhappy Galaxy S Tablet Keeps Rebooting, Flickering

Hi guys, I really need help, how do i fix my tab S.

At first, it was normal and everything is good. Then battery low. So i charge as usual.
    Then after 15 mins charging, it shows 100%. And battery starts jumping randomly, like 80% then became 21%, then back 65%, then critically low.
    And the major things happen, screen starts flickering white lines when i touch/swipe screen. Then the next day, screen still flickering white lines and keeps rebooting itself. I leave it till empty battery, hope it goes back to normal, still the sae.. Keeps restarting whenever the white flickering lines appear. I tried going recovery mode, wipe cache, factory reset. Still nothing. Even after data reset, at the start of the screen page, pressing 'next' next, it stills sometime flickers and restart again.

Anyone got solution, or knows what happen to my tabS 8.4?
    Really appreciate it if helps. Bcos my warranty is expired.
    Tablet is a month old. Is it my battery, or charger or virus that cause it?
    (Sorry my bad english)

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

If it was new, and a month old, it should still be under warranty.

Try plugging it into a running PC for >5 hours to see if there is a change. It is possible you have a bad cable if that doesn't work but you should at least try a factory reset if it doesn't. If the reset doesn't work it may just be faulty, which is what I suspect based on your description.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    I did factory reset thru recovery mode wipe cache reboot system, still the flickering does happen and reboot itself.
    Sure, I will give it a try, the cable plug in to the PC, hopefully it helps, thanks.
    If it still flickers and reboot repeatedly, I will take a video of my tablet and post the link.

About my warranty, i forgot to register online. I noticed its to late to register, they said 1 week from moment of purchase. :/

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Afandyt4s View Post
    ...About my warranty, i forgot to register online. I noticed its to late to register, they said 1 week from moment of purchase. :/
    If nothing Leeshor recommended works, I would still contact Samsung about the warranty. I'm guessing that they will forgive your not registering.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    I did factory reset thru recovery mode wipe cache reboot system, still the flickering does happen and reboot itself.
    Sure, I will give it a try, the cable plug in to the PC, hopefully it helps, thanks.
    If it still flickers and reboot repeatedly, I will take a video of my tablet and post the link.

About my warranty, i forgot to register online. I noticed its to late to register, they said 1 week from moment of purchase. :/

Hi, I have the same problem with my Galaxy Tab S. Did you find a solution?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    I've also experienced the same problems.
    The screen displays bright flashing horizontal stripes, especially when refreshing: for instance when turning the display from landscape to portrait.
    After a few minutes it reboots. Also the battery charge goes from 60% to 0%, and when plugged in will jump to maybe 40 or 50% in a few minutes.

The unit was completely unusable.

I bought it in mid November 2014 and the symptoms started at mid February. It is still under warranty.
    I sent it to Samsung tech service almost 20 days ago and I haven't heard from them.

Not the best hardware nor the best service I'd say.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Welcome to the forum Jess, sorry about your problems with your tablet. Hope it comes back in great shape...and soon!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab S 8.4

power save mode

I too have this very annoying unacceptable issue....I don't want to send mine in so I have been treating it like an Apple device and accepting it. I found it does NOT do it if I leave my tablet in Power Save mode. Not ultra just the regular one. The tablet is so fast that I don't see a performance hit. I've also moved to using the Next launcher. Tablet actually last for many hours of use and doesn't flake out when in Power Save.

I have the Best Buy exclusive 32gb version. Boo on Best Buy but wahoo to 32gb.

I
    Hi guys, I really need help, how do i fix my tab S.

At first, it was normal and everything is good. Then battery low. So i charge as usual.
    Then after 15 mins charging, it shows 100%. And battery starts jumping randomly, like 80% then became 21%, then back 65%, then critically low.
    And the major things happen, screen starts flickering white lines when i touch/swipe screen. Then the next day, screen still flickering white lines and keeps rebooting itself. I leave it till empty battery, hope it goes back to normal, still the sae.. Keeps restarting whenever the white flickering lines appear. I tried going recovery mode, wipe cache, factory reset. Still nothing. Even after data reset, at the start of the screen page, pressing 'next' next, it stills sometime flickers and restart again.

Anyone got solution, or knows what happen to my tabS 8.4?
    Really appreciate it if helps. Bcos my warranty is expired.
    Tablet is a month old. Is it my battery, or charger or virus that cause it?
    (Sorry my bad english)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    to fix the samsung galaxy tab S 10.5 or 8.4 with auto restart/rebooting, flickering horizontal lines. you have to RE-SOLDER the battery terminal!

9883-2__32086.1418770569.1280.1280.jpg

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    Same thing happens here Samsung has to fix this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads