Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab

Talking Hope To See A Community/Group For Galaxy Tab A 8.0

I've been a member in the past & have a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 I had it for 3 years & wore it out! The screen started flickering & the RAM wasn't able to run apps efficiently. I wanted another Android tablet because I have an Android phone. My husband tried to talk me into getting a MS Windows tablet (he has a MS Windows phone & tablet) but until they have the cool apps that Android has, I'm not interested! (I don't want to give up "My Talking Pet" app & "Pull My Paw" game!)

Anyway, I love my Tab A. I haven't used it a lot because it's slick & I need a cover for it. I have one on order & expect it any day now! However, in the meantime, I've played with it & it works so much faster & the colors are crisper than my old one.

One of the biggest things I want to do with it, is to copy my phone calendar with it & be able to keep the both synced together. Don't suggest the Google sync. I found out the hard way that the sync from the Samsung calendar to Google calendar doesn't work!

Meantime, I'll keep you posted on how things work with it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Welcome to the forum Beqq_valQIS, glad you've joined! I'll bring your request for a new category in the forum for the Tab A 8.0 to the attention of the Administrators.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    beqq_valQIS, I have a Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & hope to see another Community/Group for it!
    .....Done!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Now for some input from other Tab A owners!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there a rom list anywhere? What roms work with the tab a SM-T550?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    This is probably as good as it's going to get, Galaxy Tab 10.1 Development

And welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mk6gti View Post
    Is there a rom list anywhere? What roms work with the tab a SM-T550?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    This SM-T350 Galaxy Tab A 8.0 is my first tablet. I've been a longtime computer builder/user and amateur programmer, since 1995. I hope I haven't cheaped out too much with this purchase, although it sort of looks that way being way down at the bottom of this forum page. Lets see if we can't raise the status of the Tab A among the vast landscape of tablet users. I received mine as a Christmas gift, from a well informed spouse who was conscious of my minimum specifications list and our restricted budget. I am very happy with the function and fit so far. The speed and smoothness of the UI certainly reveals the quality of the internals. I am still working through getting everything synced up with the rest of my digital world, loading and organizing internet favorites and loading Android apps that have been struggling to work on my ancient Android 2.2.2 smartphone. I purchased and installed an SD card, Samsung 64Gb, in hopes of freeing up most of the internal memory. I was able to relocate many of my downloaded apps to the card. But it's usefulness appears to pretty much stop right there. I did an experiment with some picture files using the resident My Files app where I created a folder on the SD card and then attempted to move three picture files to the card. The move function worked, in that those three files appeared in the folder on the SD card. But copies of the originals remained in the Images folder on the internal storage. And, what's worse, when I deleted the three image files in internal storage they were also removed from the SD card. Seems sort of counter-intuitive. Well, something to wonder about and perhaps discuss in the forum. I would assume that the same behavior would be true for any file types. I should probably raise this question with Samsung technical support as this will really be a show-stopper for file management.

Remove Ads

Ads