Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

And ePic iPad rIp-off

A South Carolina woman thought she was buying an iPad for dirt-cheap, but ended up with a block of wood.

According to a police report, two men approached 22-year-old Ashley McDowell in a McDonald's parking lot to sell her a new iPad for $300. They explained they were able to offer her a discounted price because they bought the iPad in bulk. McDowell made the purchase after negotiating the men down to $180 (a steal compared to paying at least $500 in the store). But when McDowell came home and opened her new gadget, which was in a FedEx box, she found nothing more than an iPlank: a dressed-up block of wood.

The "tablet" screen had black tape around the perimeter and small square-shaped iPad icons such as Safari, mail, and photos taped to the front. After discovering the fake, McDowell called the police and filed a report.

As you might imagine, social media aren't being kind to the victim or the criminals in this case. One person tweeted, "Idiots. Everyone involved. was surprised that the thieves created such an obvious but complex replica. One tweeter put a positive spin on the situation, saying the fake iPad is "actually kind of awesome found art."

An Epic iPad Rip-Off

Makes you wonder how dense you have to be to not open a box up and check the items, let alone start it up to make sure it works if you were buying it on the street like that. And that's assuming it is even real.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    ouch - but not sure i feel sorry for her -

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    If it's a first time being duped I do feel for her but "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" comes to mind.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    It even pays to open up the box and check the contents when you buy something in a store. How many times have you got home and found something missing or broken? Buyer beware.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maire View Post
    It even pays to open up the box and check the contents when you buy something in a store. How many times have you got home and found something missing or broken? Buyer beware.

If it's a first time being duped I do feel for her but "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" comes to mind.

--------------------------------------------------
    ipad 2 casesipad 2 coversleather ipad2 case

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That's odd. I buy all of my electronics in McDonalds parking lots and have never had any problems

My guess is she didn't open the box because she probably made the assumption that it was stolen merchandise and wanted to get out of there before someone called the cops.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads