Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Dual Android Owners? Other Platform Phone/Tablet User?

How many of y'all are using Android phones and tablets?
    How many are using an Android tablet and another platform phone?
    If not an Android is it a smartphone ?
    Do you own a tablet on another platform?
    This is in no way meant to ask which is better and if it goes flame war or fanboy I will have to close it.
    As this forum grows there are more users that are asking questions about "how to" and it helps to know where to start from.
    If this is an owners first Android device but own a smartphone/tablet on another platform, we go from there. If they are using just a regular phone and/or never owned a tablet, that's another direction.
    My first experience with a smartphone type of device was before tablets and Android and learning Windows Mobile was a HUGE learning curve until I understood it was merely a hand sized desktop/laptop in its format and layout but without the computing power of them.
    Our tablets are not meant to be a power machine replacement but as we understand them more and as they mature ,we can use our other machines less and less .
    There are many members here who are glad to help out and hopefully this will help us help those who need help .
    Thank you
    I have a Droid Incredible1, an ipad1 16gb 3g and my Galaxy Tab 10.1 32gb wifi gray.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I have mostly androids

Google Nexus S phone
    Droid (orig) phone

Nook Color running Phiremod/CM7
    Samsung Galaxy 7
    Samsung Galaxy 10.1
    iPad 2

Shanzai 8.8 inch Tablet (Froyo)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As IT director of the household lol, I maintain
    2 Droid Charge phones
    1 Droid X
    1 LG Ally
    Samsung Gala y tab 10.1
    Ipad 2
    2 imacs
    Macbook
    Dell laptop

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and a 7" tab. I also have an Epic 4g. In other platforms, I have an Apple Ipod Touch. I like all of them. I like my Androids because the possibilities with the open Market. My Ipod touch is very nice. The interphase is very smooth and refined. The only problem I see is that the apple store is very restricted and limited. I was thinking of jailbreaking it but was informed that if I were to do this, the device could brick if it eere to turn off...or something like that. Either way....whatever im not able to do with the touch, im able to do with Android. In fact, I am able to do anything with my Android devices. I have found that I use my touch less and less.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Y'all ios users can help those who join this forum acclimate. Perfect ! That's the type of thing I'm looking at in this thread

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have a Samsung Charge smartphone (rooted for wireless tether, otherwise stock) in addition to the GTab. My wife has an iPhone 4 and a Macbook Air.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I currently have and iPhone 3GS, and a Samsung 10.1!

Love the iPhone but hate the restriction imposed by Apple (no flash, no unautorized apps, etc.).

As I have said before I love my Tab 10.1! I have replaced everything I did with my Sony VILE Notebook with the Tablet with one annoying exception, NO WORD PROCESSOR WITH A SPELL CHECK!!

COME ON DEVELOPERS, HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO INLCUDE A SPELL CHECK FOR QUICKOFFICE-HD)???

Al

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My very first smartphone was the Droid X purchased one year ago. I love it. Because of my experience with it, I will continue with Android and be a loyal customer service.

When the whole ipad/tablet craze came about, and I honestly thought they were ridiculous. I couldn't see a need for it (I mean, between my phone and laptop, why would you need one ). I had a manager ride with me who had me stop at Best Buy and picked up the toshiba thrive for his daughter's birthday. I became attached.

I know alot of friends with ipads and I did look at them. However, it scared me to think about being locked down. Maybe it's not as bad as I perceived, but none the less I bought the gtab. So far, I love it and don't see any reason to move away from this platform.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a Blackberry 8900 and an iPod Touch. Of course i have a GT 10.1, a laptop and desktop at home.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I have 2 Samsung Galaxy S phones and a GTab 10.1
    As well as laptops and touchscreen pc's all microsoft (no apple) as I am a MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) by trade. But loving android instead of windows 7 phone.
    But rumours of the next galaxy tab 10.1 being dual boot with Android 5.0 (Jelly Bean) and Windows 8 are looking exciting. Samsung and microsoft in talks and tests. Will post news when available.
    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads