• don't own a smartphone

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Since Getting Your Tab Has Your Smartphone Usage Changed?

I was wondering if or how usage of your smartphone has changed since getting your Tab. I use mine about half as much.
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 11-09-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My non-phone usage of my Droid Charge has dropped considerably. The only time I use the phone over the tablet is if I'm in a situation where whipping out the GTab would be inappropriate or draw too much attention (say, a meeting at work). The smartphone is primarily an SMS platform for my non-Google Voice number and a WiFi hub for the tablet. Weird, huh?

I think the future direction should be to have a radio-capable tablet and a dumb smartphone that is really just about convenient form factor. The roles will switch, with the tablet being the primary hub and the smartphone tethering to that. That'd be killer, IMHO.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I wonder in the long run how it will affect phone sales
    I use Text+ on my ipad, phone and Tab and texts sync between the 3 so if I send a text on the Tab, leave it at home while out and about and get a reply it comes not only to my Tab but phone as well . I used to use my phone about 10 hours a day and now it's about 5 or less , depending on my schedule with my kids
    Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    pre tablet - the droid razr announcement would have made my mouth drool and checking when my upgrade date is - but since i got the tab, i really am not too excited - i use it pretty much from everything other than phone calls - and like MBM, i use text+ for texting, and in most cases when i am at home or at a cafe, i use Skype/Fring with bluetooth headset for phone/video calls

the only time i end up using the phone for text/email/and apps is on social events where the tablet is too big to carry around

also more and more i find i am using my tab as my TV when i am in front on my pc -i can do work/animation on my pc while my tab is playing the latest episode of Ancient Aliens

Quote Originally Posted by millemots View Post
    My non-phone usage of my Droid Charge has dropped considerably. The only time I use the phone over the tablet is if I'm in a situation where whipping out the GTab would be inappropriate or draw too much attention (say, a meeting at work). The smartphone is primarily an SMS platform for my non-Google Voice number and a WiFi hub for the tablet. Weird, huh?

I think the future direction should be to have a radio-capable tablet and a dumb smartphone that is really just about convenient form factor. The roles will switch, with the tablet being the primary hub and the smartphone tethering to that. That'd be killer, IMHO.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Please take a moment to vote in the poll.
    Thank you
    Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    It's about the same for me. I use my phone when I am at work and the Tab when I am home. The Tab takes time away from my laptop more so than the phone.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I was using my Galaxy S alot for internet browsing as it was always on, and the laptop would take time to switch on. But now with my Tab, it boots up so quick and with my keyboard dock, makes life so much easier to use than my phone. But if it is a quick search, ie during a film to see what else the actor has been in, then the phone comes into play.
    Ca't live without phone or Tab now.
    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    When I first got my tab I was in the last months of myOG Droid, and I was on the tab all the time. Then at the end of the contract I got the Bionic. Then I was on that all the time while learning it. Now I'm about 50 - 50. For instance, on tab now while recharging phone. I was using HDMI to watch netfilx on my TV.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have the DX, and since day one had been on a quest to lengthen the life of my battery. Little did I know, the solution was as simple as buying my GTab In short, I hardly use my phone anymore.

Sidenote: Can anyone share some tips or tricks to extend my tablets battery?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Whats strange is my charging time and battery life has improved over time. It has got better the more I use it.
    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads