Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It Really Sucks That So Many People Had Their Tab Ruined

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Not sure why this thread has been moved to this area. It is not unrelated to the Tab 10.1. And it doesn't fit into any section other than General Discussions.

I sincerely think that Samsung owes people something for their troubles. Period. I was basically expressing my view on what the company's next move should be. I wasn't merely bitching.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Please read my previous post for background.

As a loyal Samsung customer with at least three current products it is very frustrating to have no official acknowledgement or information on the Samsung website. Where do we who are affected go for help or information when the company has broken their product. As previously stated the response I got when ringing the UK Support number was "problem what problem?" They had no record of an update being pushed out and told me that unless a problem was reported on the Samsung website it did not "formally exist".........................When I asked if a fix was planned I was told "if it wasn't on the website then I had no option but to return the product for repair under warranty" (which is what I did).

The frustrating thing is a lack of information as to what to do. If people are waiting for a fix that's fine but if Samsung's response to me is universal - then there appears to be a problem. My experience points to a total lack of acknowledgement from Samsung that a problem exists and the onus is on the unfortunate recipient of the OTA Firmware Upgrade to contact samsung and send their Tab in for repair (at their own expense if they want the added insurance of registered post).

I don't think this is a 'General Discussion' but very specific to the loyal Samsung Galaxy Tab customers.

KL

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by klindsay1824 View Post
    Please read my previous post for background.

As a loyal Samsung customer with at least three current products it is very frustrating to have no official acknowledgement or information on the Samsung website. Where do we who are affected go for help or information when the company has broken their product. As previously stated the response I got when ringing the UK Support number was "problem what problem?" They had no record of an update being pushed out and told me that unless a problem was reported on the Samsung website it did not "formally exist".........................When I asked if a fix was planned I was told "if it wasn't on the website then I had no option but to return the product for repair under warranty" (which is what I did).

The frustrating thing is a lack of information as to what to do. If people are waiting for a fix that's fine but if Samsung's response to me is universal - then there appears to be a problem. My experience points to a total lack of acknowledgement from Samsung that a problem exists and the onus is on the unfortunate recipient of the OTA Firmware Upgrade to contact samsung and send their Tab in for repair (at their own expense if they want the added insurance of registered post).

I don't think this is a 'General Discussion' but very specific to the loyal Samsung Galaxy Tab customers.

KL
    Chances are you just got stuck talking with a new or uninformed rep. Otherwise, you are early to the complaint department. I wouldn't think that a company this size would leave its customers in this position. It would be a PR nightmare. Give it a little time and I'm sure they will make it right.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did request on both occasions to be put through to the Tech Dept and the person told me she was a "technician"....................The reality is they have left their customers in this position and I should have thought at the very least an acknowledgement or update on their website would avert a PR nightmare. Instead silence, poorly informed Support Staff and who knows how many unhappy customers?

I suppose the lesson here is don't accept an upgrade from the Manufacturer until they have tested it on a significant proportion of their customers and only after these customers report their product is still working.

KL

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It would seem the online support team are more knowledgeable than the telephone support techs. I received this response to my online enquiry I made a couple of days ago. Unfortunately it arrived after I had spoken to the telephone support techs - so my Tab is in transit for a repair - be interesting to see if I get it back before or after they issue the fix. Here is what the online team sent me:

Thank you for contacting Samsung.
    We apologize that this issue has occurred with your Galaxy Tab. This is
    a known issue that has just been discovered by Samsung and we are
    currently working on a fix. We expect a fix to be issued in the form of
    an update ASAP. Is your device a wifi only Tablet or a 3g Tab?
    If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and
    we will be more than happy to help.
    Kind regards,
    Online Support Team
    SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

So apologies to Samsung for my earlier posts about lack of information - everything comes to those who wait - patiently...............
    Last edited by klindsay1824; 11-17-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by klindsay1824 View Post
    I did request on both occasions to be put through to the Tech Dept and the person told me she was a "technician"....................The reality is they have left their customers in this position and I should have thought at the very least an acknowledgement or update on their website would avert a PR nightmare. Instead silence, poorly informed Support Staff and who knows how many unhappy customers?

I suppose the lesson here is don't accept an upgrade from the Manufacturer until they have tested it on a significant proportion of their customers and only after these customers report their product is still working.

KL
    What I have found with the ever changing world of electronics is before doing ANYTHING to them do a search on the web and there undoubtedly will be a forum somewhere with the how tos, why tos, why nots, etc. I've also saved a ton of money by doing the same thing when one of my automobiles acts up or breaks down. My oldest daughters beater Honda had a cracked head gasket that was just leaking water into the piston, not the oil. on that car it would have cost more to fix than the car is worth but I talked to a mechanic who suggested I search a product called Blue Devil. I did and a $1500+ problem ended up costing me $69 and the car has run fine for months now, isn't overheating and hasn't leaked a drop of water.
    I wish I would have followed my own advice before purchasing an ipad and updating it to ios5. What a nightmare that POC has been since March when trying to do any updates. Every bug fix update has introduced more bugs and ios5 was a fiasco thanks to the worse than a virus program called itunes

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads