Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It Really Sucks That So Many People Had Their Tab Ruined

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

It Really Sucks That So Many People Had Their Tab Ruined

Just atrocious what has happened to so many Tab users. I was fortunate to have read here on this forum that the update was bad. But those who didn't read it in time ended up in a real mess. Samsung had better do more than just send out a fix. They need to compensate those who ended up with $600 bricks for their trouble.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Since there is no dedicated rant forum I've moved it to the off topic area
    I don't have any problem with the thread at all, even agree that Samsung really messed up a lot of folks devices and the word needs to be spread not to accept the update, but rants don't belong in the general discussion area

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 11-16-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    If you can still power it on then it is not bricked. Just as early adopters of new electronics will have issues with their new gadgets, the same can be said for early adopters of OTA updates. There bound to be bugs and issues. I'm sure Samsung is working on a fix which we'll have to patiently wait for now.

But if you can't wait, here is a way to fix, http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...-way-back.html.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I do my best not to cuss anymore but I'm thankful my family was out of town when I updated my ipad to ios5 . It took me over 8 hours of work just to get my youngest daughters apps and folders back and set up. I didn't even bother with the other 100+ apps and folders they were in. the loss of all my data that was on it cannot be recovered but I was able to get my wifi going again and re pair the bluetooth keyboard in only a few minutes because I had backed up the numbers on Keeper.
    That doesn't excuse the flubadub by Samsung but they aren't the only ones pushing stuff out before its ready

Support Our Troops!!
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 11-16-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    agree i really feel for those those who tried to update - Samsung has a big PR problem here if they don't do this right. my guess is thier engineers gotta be working overtime on a physical update via PC

now having said that, if i had a bricked tab and i can read and exercise a little risk taking, there are plenty of methods of getting it back - i figure what do you have to lose can't get worst than bricked. you can always blame it on Samsung's update process

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikermark View Post
    Since there is no dedicated rant forum I've moved it to the off topic area
    I don't have any problem with the thread at all, even agree that Samsung really messed up a lot of folks devices and the word needs to be spread not to accept the update, but rants don't belong in the general discussion area

Support Our Troops!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's not just samsung. I know it sucks to have that happen. Fortunately for me, I haven't had anything that bad happen to me. IMO, the technology moves so fast and the manufacturers have to rush to get both hardware and software out, otherwise the competition beats them to the punch. Samsung, and every other manufacturer, are in a lose lose situation. They either push the upgrade out quickly and run the risk of this situation, or they delay it to make sure there are no hiccups and then have people griping "where's my update". The gingerbread update for the droid x was no different. Everyone wanted the upgrade now. When it arrived, it soft bricked some phones and replacements were sent out. I guess it's the price we pay sometimes.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    The Gingerbread nightmare continues for the Incredible. Tweebee is a recue squad member on the Incredible sister site to this one and she and her other RS members are catching a real hassle trying to help but that fiasco is squarely on Verizon. I was fortunate not to get the update notice until after the first push and the one I got this morning said I didn't have enough memory to install, then disapeared. I did get GB and it's working fine but not the "bug fix" because it wouldn't install this morning lol

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My wife has the incredible, and I have been checking for her GB update. Nothing yet though.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Over on the Inc forum the folks who are getting the update are about 50/50 with or without issues, mostly the newest bug fix won't insall then disapears. The first push back in Sept(?) was horrid and should have never happened.
    You can call Verizon and I'm told they will push it out to you/her
    If you get a moment head on over to the Inc sister site. I think you'd enjoy the atmosphere there

www.incredibleforum.com
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 11-16-2011 at 11:01 PM.
    skennelly likes this.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK here's the deal - my Tab received the OTA firmware update on Monday night (14/11/11). Delivered all the necessary improvements to my Tab turning it from a smart Slate to a dead brick. I contacted Samsung here in the UK and was informed if "it isn't on the website it didn't happen" so basically they are not accountable. I was told if my Tab was faulty and as it was still under warranty I could send it in for repair - I was given a repair number and told the details of how to access the repair would be emailed to me. No email! Rang the next day to be told they had taken down the wrong email address the previous day (despite my Tab being Registered to my Samsung Account).
    I received the email yesterday and followed the instructions and posted my Tab back to Samsung for repair - if you want the peace of mind of registered delivery and associated insurance Samsung advises you pay for this - in my case 7.
    I now have the inconvenience of no Tab for however long it takes - no apology - and no acknowledgement on any Samsung site that there is a problem affecting the Tab.
    My question is "how come they are getting away with this?"

KL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads