Thread: I've Pretty Much Given Up on Any Ice Cream Sandwich for Galaxy Tab 10.1

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Any GT 10.1 updated in Canada?

Just curious. I don't recall seeing posts from Canadian users on any of the boards I check who've reported the ICS upgrade. Has anyone here seen any feedback?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Guys, I'm with you on that. Yea, I also find myself in the middle of the night pressing -- about -- updates -- check for updates -- and trying not to blink before the "no updates found" message appears. Sucks.

Tia
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Just curious. I don't recall seeing posts from Canadian users on any of the boards I check who've reported the ICS upgrade. Has anyone here seen any feedback?
    Hi, I live in Saskatchewan Canada and so far no update on my GT 10.1 wi fi, I keep checking every day but sadly nope, im so looking forward to it finally coming. :-)

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buerkletucson View Post
    WoW.........

I'm sure glad I have much more important things in life than to worry or fret about when ICS will be released.
    Life is way to short...

For the majority of you, Samsung never promised ICS would even be available for the 10.1 when you purchased it.
    I consider it a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinChelseaMA View Post
    Buerkletucson, this is a FORUM. That's a place you go to, to bitch about stuff like this. It's also a place you go to get help for issues with whatever device the forum is set up for. It is one teeny tiny piece of anyone's life.

If someone were going around in his or her day to day life, bitching and moaning about an ICS update to friends and family, that would be BIZARRE, I grant you, but doing so in the context of a SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 FORUM, where everyone else has similar interests, makes complete sense.
    I stand by my comments........Take a deep breath.
    Does getting worked up over it or complaining on this forum, make Samsung release the update sooner?
    Last edited by buerkletucson; 05-28-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB..........in "Metallic Gray".
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinChelseaMA View Post
    Buerkletucson, this is a FORUM. That's a place you go to, to bitch about stuff like this. It's also a place you go to get help for issues with whatever device the forum is set up for. It is one teeny tiny piece of anyone's life.

If someone were going around in his or her day to day life, bitching and moaning about an ICS update to friends and family, that would be BIZARRE, I grant you, but doing so in the context of a SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 FORUM, where everyone else has similar interests, makes complete sense.
    Thread moved.
    Since this forum doesn't have a dedicated rant area I'm moving it to the closest thing to one

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Feel free to debate the merits of the pace of the update release and how it makes you feel but don't make it personal against other members, keep the language civil, and especially no personal attacks or this thread will be deleted and other actions possibly taken against attackers and those who retaliate.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Will Samsung do more if people move away from their products?

I have been an early adopter for many of Samsung's android products, and I've about given up on them as a manufacturer. They make brilliant hardware, but their competitors are doing the same. And the competitors are providing the updates. My only tab that isn't running ICS is the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi. I have 2 different Asus tabs (Transformer Prime and SL101 with slide-out keyboard) that have both received updates from Asus, and those updates made the tabs run much better. Same with phones. I have a T-Mo USA Galaxy S II still waiting for the ICS update. I won't buy another Samsung phone, based on a promise of "upgradable to ICS" or the next generation of the OS. Samsung needs to pay attention....
    cali likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads