Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I've Pretty Much Given Up on Any Ice Cream Sandwich for Galaxy Tab 10.1

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I've Pretty Much Given Up on Any Ice Cream Sandwich for Galaxy Tab 10.1

UNLESS YOUR ROOTED, ICE CREAM SANDWICH SEEMS LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN A PIPE DREAM.

This is starting to get all sorts of ridiculous. Enough is enough. Update the damn thing, already. You know what, Samsung? If Touchwiz causes this much of a delay for an Android update, then maybe Touchwiz needs to be scrapped.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree. I am tired of waiting. Maybe it is ploy to make us upgrade to the GT2? Which des look very nice BTW.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I tried ICS on Asus Transformer Prime. I liked it. Seemed faster and smoother than Honeycomb. Some nice features were added. What's not to like about ICS. I see it as a very good upgrade. And I wish Samsung would release it like they said. Tab 2 has been out for awhile. So, what's the hangup? Acer released it. Others have too. So, Samsung is bringing up the rear. They make great hardware but sloooow software upgrades!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am frustrated with Samsung as well. The ICS upgrade for the Wifi Tab 10.1 takes ages, the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 just got announced as being available maybe eventually at some point in time in the forseeable far term future.. or so.
    Is Samsung too busy with forcing customers to the Tab 2? Then I am out of here. There is way too much clumsiness with the keyboard and navigation on the tab and I thought I am better of by moving away from the Apple platform.
    I am sick of Samsung as such and their behavior. What are the disadvantages of rooting the tab and install a rooted ICS. Maybe I should go there.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Change the name of the manufacturer from Samsung to fill in the blank with any other manufacturer and the story is very similar if not exactly the same.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    you got that right

AS YOU SOW EVIL
    SO SHALL YOU REAP EVIL
    CRIME DOES NOT PAY
    THE SHADOW KNOWS
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have found that when I stop agonizing over things that might be coming at some point in the near-or-distant-future, I am able to achieve a higher level of satisfaction with what I have. It's almost like a zen thing.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    WoW.........

I'm sure glad I have much more important things in life than to worry or fret about when ICS will be released.
    Life is way to short...

For the majority of you, Samsung never promised ICS would even be available for the 10.1 when you purchased it.
    I consider it a bonus.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB..........in "Metallic Gray".
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sitting out on the porch this evening enjoying a refreshing drink and the cool air and I noticed my wifes Acer A100 wanted to update the OS. I thougt to myself " can this be it!!" , sure enought after a bout a 10 minute download and install she is now the proud owner of an Acer tab with ICS. After an intial "get the feel for it" all I can say is "smoooooth...!, cooool...!" For those who haven't gotten a taste of ICS it is going to be worth the wait. Can't wait for Samsung to get their s#$% together and get my frigging Galaxy Tab updated!! Cmon Samsung!!

Signed

Tired of bringing up the rear!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buerkletucson View Post
    WoW.........

I'm sure glad I have much more important things in life than to worry or fret about when ICS will be released.
    Life is way to short...

For the majority of you, Samsung never promised ICS would even be available for the 10.1 when you purchased it.
    I consider it a bonus.
    Buerkletucson, this is a FORUM. That's a place you go to, to bitch about stuff like this. It's also a place you go to get help for issues with whatever device the forum is set up for. It is one teeny tiny piece of anyone's life.

If someone were going around in his or her day to day life, bitching and moaning about an ICS update to friends and family, that would be BIZARRE, I grant you, but doing so in the context of a SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 FORUM, where everyone else has similar interests, makes complete sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads