Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Chrome Browser Extensions

I've been using the Dolphin browser for some time, but I haven't been crazy about the recent upgrade, and I decided to give Chrome a try. I have it on my PC and use it only occasionally, so I'm far from experienced with it, and I think I must be missing something in trying to use it on my Galaxy Tab. There are no extensions! When I navigate to the google app store and try to find some of the basic tools I'm used to having, I see a notice that there's nothing compatible with my device. I can't even find a way to set my home page! Does anyone here use the Chrome browser? If so, I'd sure like to know if I'm overlooking the obvious!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    You aren't missing anything... Chrome for Android does not have the extensions that the desktop version has.

Frankly, I don't even leave Chrome enabled on our android devices - it is either not installed or disabled if it comes as stock. If you aren't keen on the latest incarnation of Dolphin, hang around for a couple of days - they seem to pump out updates as if they are going out of fashion! You could try Firefox - that is a great browser on both desktop & tablet & doesn't leave you exposed to the Google intrusiveness factor, either.

There is a browser guide thread in our Guides section (linked below)

(Moved to Apps)

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanks for the enlightening reply and for moving my post to the correct forum section! I'm a long time user of Firefox on my desktop, and I'll try it once more on my tablet. I'll also check out the browser guide thread. Chrome has already been uninstalled.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I mostly use Firefox on my tablet. Partly because it, (also), syncs well with my desktop Firefox,
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Remove Ads

Ads