Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

QuickPic Can't Delete "Camera" Photos Since 4.4!

As the title of this post indicates, you cannot delete photos taken with the native "Camera" app using QuickPic, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icFolder&hl=en, since the 4.4 update. I emailed the developer saying:
    I, like many other Android users, love using QuickPic, but now find that I can't delete photos that I take with the Galaxy Not 4's native camera app. When I try to do so, I get the following message: "Failed! Android don't allow app to write the external SD card since 4.4! We can't solve this system limitation." I don't understand why this is so, since I can go into the Note 4's native gallery app and delete them there. Can you please explain why this is so, or how I can remedy it? Since I am a moderator on GalaxyTabForum, http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum/forum.php, and often suggest that members use QuickPic, I will pass the information to my members.
    They responded, saying that "only the native apps can do this since android 4.4." Not much of an explanation!
    As far as I know, one option around this is to use a third party camera app, such as CameraZOOM FX https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ZoomFree&hl=en, which, for some reason allows QuickPic to delete photos. Another option, although rather cumbersome, is to go to the Gallery app every time you want to delete a photo.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    That's news to me. That's pretty much the only way I delete photos on my phone with 4.4.2. Just deleted some yesterday.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    That's news to me. That's pretty much the only way I delete photos on my phone with 4.4.2. Just deleted some yesterday.
    Maybe it is just true on 4.4.4, which is the version that my Note 4 is on.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    That would explain it.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Remove Ads

Ads