Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Looking for Experiences with SlingBox and Tab

Hey everyone,

I am looking into buying a slingbox so I can use it on my 10.1 tab. Can people share their experiences if they own the android app?

Thanks.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by acles003 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am looking into buying a slingbox so I can use it on my 10.1 tab. Can people share their experiences if they own the android app?

Thanks.
    I am using the mobile version I bought and it seems to work ok. I cannot believe they want us to pay another 30.00 for a tablet version as well.
    At least offer a discount for both versions.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you're interested I can take a video showing you how the slingplayer looks running on my Tab 10.1. I have an old old Slingbox and it plays great in full screen mode. I also have it configured to play even better when on the same local network as I mainly use the tab as a TV in my bathroom now-a-days.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    i have been using a slingbox for about a year and have found it to be only as good as the connection that you have on both ends. i would certainly suggest that at a minimum you direct connect it (wire it directly) to your home network to insure that you are getting the most out of whatever internet service you have. the higher the speed of your home connection the better chances you have of making the whole thing work as well as possible. it is interesting that the android version of the app works wifi and radio (telephone 3 or 4g service) while the app on an iphone will only work off a wifi connection. (i have a samsung s3 and my wife has the app on her iphone, so i have played around with both at the same time from the same location, etc).. i also have the app on my tablet (currently a rooted motorola XOOM) in addition to my phone and it works very well (again considering the above discussion regarding the connections and signal strengths on both ends). it does bog down on a tablet without great signal strength on the wireless end if you switch your reception (picture) quality from SQ (standard quality) to HQ (high quality) video display (these are options via the slingbox app.

i hope that helps you out some. please let me know if there are any other specifics i might be able to help you out with.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Has anyone found a way to push the Slingbox audio/video out from the Tab to a local TV when away from home; ie at a friend's house or when travelling?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfDogNJ View Post
    Has anyone found a way to push the Slingbox audio/video out from the Tab to a local TV when away from home; ie at a friend's house or when travelling?
    samsung sells an HDMI adapter cable that will allow you to direct connect you tablet to a TV with HDMI connections. do NOT buy one of the really cheap ones on ebay as they aren't correct and don't work. (there are some of the OEM/real ones there also). i bought mine on amazon a while ago and also bought one directly from the samsung store on line figuring having the real part would eliminate any potential problems. i'm sure there are others here who have used other cables and will chime in for you.

Remove Ads

Ads