Thread: Flash Player

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

Thumbs up Flash Player

I am upset that my Samsung tablet will not support Adobe Flash Player. There are so many videos sent to me on Facebook that I am unable to view. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help given.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Don't know where you got that information from but it does and will support Flash. It's Adobe who no longer supports it on Android but it certain works just fine. See this thread for more information http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...-your-tab.html
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thank you for your response.

This is the message I get. NOTE: I have a Galaxy Note 2 if that makes any difference plus I am an old man.

"We're Sorry
    This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device. This content can be viewed on a desktop computer or on mobile devices that support Flash Player."

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    First question, (you didn't say), did you install Flash Player? That thread explained how, If you did then it may be the browser as some browsers don't support Flash Player, Chrome being one of the major browsers with no support for Flash. The fact that you have a Note 2 should not make a difference.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Again, thank you for your response.

Sorry for being such a pest.

I installed the app from the play store and I have Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin on my tablet. Should I delete Chrome?

NOTE: Please note the last sentence on Certified Devices. My OS is 4.1.x. will this make a difference?

Flash Player Certified Devices
    Below is a list of device and OS combinations that are certified for running Adobe Flash Player. Installing Flash Player on an uncertified device may result in unexpected behavior and can potentially destabilize your device.

Please note: Flash Player will not be certified for any device OS beyond Android 4.0.x.
    Last edited by Garry; 10-23-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I think you may be missing something REALLY important. You CAN"T get Flash from the Store, you must get it from Adobe here http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...player_ics.apk

Download it. Allow installation from unknown sources under security in settings then tap the file with your file manager. Install. Done.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi Gary,

In an effort to add another "way of saying it" , as Leeshor has pointed out, you cannot get the Adobe Flash Player app from the Play Store.

The only safe and secure way to get the Adobe Flash Player on your tablet is to do so by following the link to the guide thread that Leeshor posted in post #2. Or alternatively, he has also provided a direct link to Adobe's archive in post #6.

After you have installed it you must then use a Flash enabled browser - such as Dolphin - but you must also ensure that you have the relevant plug in turned on in that app's settings.

And finally...
    If you have obtained any flash player apps from anywhere other than the Adobe website, I strongly recommend that you delete it and then immediately install an anti malware/virus app from the Play Store (there is a guide link on that subject linked from my signature) as fake Adobe Flash applications are a well known source of malware.

I have moved your thread from the video section where you posted it & have moved it to the applications section of the forum & deleted the other copy of your thread that you posted in error.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thank you for your suggestions.

I tried, step by step, with no success so I think I will just give up.

Again, thank you very much.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Thank you for your suggestions.

I tried, step by step, with no success so I think I will just give up.

Again, thank you very much.
    Don't give up yet Gary It isn't that difficult, but new things always have quite a learning curve, and believe me, we've all been where you are.

Try this longer explanation - see if that helps at all...

Having downloaded the latest Flash Player apk from the Adobe website, using a browser & the links provided above...

You now have to install it on your tablet. This is done by...

1. Going to settings, security, and tap (check the box) to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
    2. Open a File Manager app and search for the Adobe Flash Player .apk file you just downloaded. It will have downloaded to wherever you have set your browser to download files. The standard location is "downloads". Click on Adobe Flash Player .apk when you find it. This will install the flash player on your tablet.
    3. Go back to settings, security, and tap (uncheck the box) to disallow the installation of apps from unknown sources. For system security reasons, you do not want your tablet to continue to allow apps from unknown sources.
    4. Your tablet now has the Flash player installed and you will be able to use a Flash compatible browser to go to pages that require the Flash player plug-in.
    5. When you open your Flash compatible browser next time - e.g. the stock browser - Flash objects will display automatically if you have selected "always on" & will require you to tap the flash object if you selected "on demand" in the browser settings (Plug-Ins).

If you are running another Flash compatible browser, there should be a similar option in the settings of that app, somewhere.

Remove Ads

Ads