Thread: Amazon - Kindle

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0

Amazon - Kindle

I like to read books on my tablet, however I now cannot access it. For several days, it was just a blank screen and today the word kindle comes up and the circle below the word just spins. What' up with this? Why can't I access the books, etc.?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Since this is a site for Samsung Galaxy Tablets you may have more luck at our sister site where there is an Amazon tab specific forum. Here Amazon Tablets
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
    I like to read books on my tablet, however I now cannot access it. For several days, it was just a blank screen and today the word kindle comes up and the circle below the word just spins. What' up with this? Why can't I access the books, etc.?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
    I would try uninstalling an reinstalling the Kindle app and see if that helps.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi Marcia

The latest update for the Amazon Kindle app requires a data connection when it is first run, so that may be the source of your difficulty. But as SculptedStylus says, if nothing else works, then you could either uninstall & reinstall the app or, if the app was preloaded onto your device, then you should follow the following steps...
    1) Go to tablet settings
    2) Go to Application Manager & swipe from right to left until "all" apps are displayed
    3) Find the Amazon Kindle app & then clear cache, clear data and "uninstall updates"
    4) Reboot your Tab and then go to the Play Store and update the Kindle app
    5) Log in to your Amazon account again from the app & your books should then be available to you again.

Hope that helps
    (Thread moved from new members to applications)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    My tablet is a Galaxy and I've always been able to read my books there. How do I uninstall and reinstall the Kindle app. I've noticed so many changes recently on my tablet when I access the Internet as well. Gets frustrating!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    My tablet is a Galaxy and I've always been able to read my books there. How do I uninstall and reinstall the Kindle app. I've noticed so many changes recently on my tablet when I access the Internet as well. Gets frustrating!
    Perhaps you missed my post just above yours, but in any case, to uninstall an app, you can either do it from settings, apps, all & find the Kindle app (as I described, above). Or you can do it from the app listing in the Play Store.

As far as the recent changes you mention are concerned, this is probably due to a firmware update or app update. I recommend Dolphin browser over the stock browser. You can read more about that from the relevant link in my signature, below.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    Janner43 - Thank you so much! This is awesome. I really appreciate this forum. Since the problem was an update one, how would I know that there is an update to be made?

Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Perhaps you missed my post just above yours, but in any case, to uninstall an app, you can either do it from settings, apps, all & find the Kindle app (as I described, above). Or you can do it from the app listing in the Play Store.

As far as the recent changes you mention are concerned, this is probably due to a firmware update or app update. I recommend Dolphin browser over the stock browser. You can read more about that from the relevant link in my signature, below.

All the best

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Janner43 - Thank you so much! This is awesome. I really appreciate this forum. Since the problem was an update one, how would I know that there is an update to be made?
    You're welcome

App updates
    It is good practise to visit the Play Store not less than once a week (by tapping the Play Store app icon) & then going to the "my apps" section to see if any of your loaded apps need an update.

Firmware (tablet) updates
    Should get notified to you automatically by your tablet if there is one that is ready to download or be installed. As you have one of the first generations of Galaxy Tab 7 devices, you are unlikely to receive further firmware updates from Samsung at this point as we are currently on the third generation of Galaxy Tabs.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by janner43; 01-09-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Amazon have today released a new update for the Kindle app which is listed as a bug fix for some devices.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    Thank you! How is one supposed to know these things?
    Also, my Kindle app has reverted to the blank screen so I must not have saved something, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads