Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By patrickmahoney
  • 1 Post By patrickmahoney

Thread: [ROM] [KANG] CyanogenMod 9 For the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (4/17/2012)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

[ROM] [KANG] CyanogenMod 9 For the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (5/15/2012)

PREFACE:

THIS IS A COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL KANG OF CYANOGENMOD 9. I DO NOT CLAIM THIS AS MY OWN ROM, I AM ONLY BUILDING IT.

IF YOU BRICK YOUR TABLET BY FLASHING THIS, I WILL CRINGE A LITTLE BIT, BUT STILL BE UNABLE TO HELP YOU. FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE CYANOGENMOD TEAM AND PERSHOOT FOR HIS GALAXY TAB SPECIFIC STUFF.

OK, now that that痴 over with, I would like to present to you my build of CyanogenMod 9! This is completely untouched by me, all I知 doing is serving it up to your hungry tablet! There are no cherry-picks, extra unofficial features, or any of that what-not and what-have-you.

I知 going to try my hardest to build this daily for you guys, hopefully at least until an official build comes out! I probably won稚 be able to test every build of this, so I値l be relying on all of you guys to report the errors, and then I値l update this thread with them.

Not Working:
    • Camera

ROM (5/15/2012) - [Dev-Host]Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service[/url] - it looks like the nightlies have been going strong for this entire month, so I'll be taking a break for now unless something goes wrong over there! CyanogenMod Downloads

GAPPS (4/29/2012) - Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip - Changelog

I will not be including my own change log, but you can find the changes as they happen here on the CM Gerrit Review. I will only be including changes that are merged to the master source. Look at this post if you don't understand what that is, or don't know how to read it.

Remember, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP of your ROM BEFORE you flash this, then WIPE DATA/CACHE, and I would recommend wiping the Dalvik cache as well! Then you can install the ROM, then flash the GAPPS package. After flashing a build, you should be fine with just wiping your cache before flashing the next one, and you do not need to flash GAPPS again unless you do a full wipe.

Now bask in CM9's buttery smoothness! I hope that you all enjoy this, good luck and have fun!

Seeing as I'm just a senior in high school trying to save up for college, I do accept donations, and each one is cherished and greatly appreciated, plus you instantly become an awesome(er) person to me! You can use this link to give me whatever you want!
    Last edited by patrickmahoney; 05-15-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Welcome to Galaxy Tab Forums! Keep up the great work with the rom development.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing this!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Welcome to the forum!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Welcome to the site! Glad to have another dev aboard!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Awesome! Thanks for posting this up

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    New ROM is now based on 4.0.4 r1.2, go download it!
    4Nines likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Going to try it. Do any of the roms have working camera's yet? Who knows when the OTA ICS will be out?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am using the latest nightly and myTab runs so much better than the stock ROM. I was a bit intimidated at first but once rooted you CERN change your ROM every day until you find one that you like.

ICS is wonderful on the tab (except for the camera).

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads