Thread: Black Screened Tab Won't Turn On

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Question Black Screened Tab Won't Turn On

Hey folks. I plugged in my tablet last night and went to bed. this morning It was black screen and won't turn on. Been reading some of the threads here..
    Any suggestion or help?

Thanks in advance

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by benzzz View Post
    Hey folks. I plugged in my tablet last night and went to bed. this morning It was black screen and won't turn on. Been reading some of the threads here..
    Any suggestion or help?

Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the forum Ben! Have you held down the power button for 30 seconds, or so? If that doesn't do it, I would try the trickle charge, by USBing to a PC for several hours. Make sure the PC doesn't go into sleep mode.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Wow thanks for the welcome and the fast reply !!!

I just tried the 30 sec test and nothing.. I have never had this happen before in the less than a yr owning it....
    I will try the usb to pc trickle charge next, BTW when I use the wall jack usb charger. it does nothing to alert me it recognizes the charger has been attached... It always did before and would make a noise and show a display of a battery... Any thoughts?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by benzzz View Post
    Wow thanks for the welcome and the fast reply !!!

I just tried the 30 sec test and nothing.. I have never had this happen before in the less than a yr owning it....
    I will try the usb to pc trickle charge next, BTW when I use the wall jack usb charger. it does nothing to alert me it recognizes the charger has been attached... It always did before and would make a noise and show a display of a battery... Any thoughts?
    Sounds very much like you might have a bad charging cable. If the trickle charge fails, see if you can locate a working cable, a friend or store, and see if it respond.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    little update guys... I found the 30 pin connector was burnt in a spot which transferred onto the tablets pins. I contacted Samsung and they requested pics. This morning I got a call from them telling me a brand new tablet is being shipped out to me today and gave instructions to sending mine back.

I will see what happens when it arrives I dont wanna jinx myself. But great customer service so far. I will keep you all posted on outcome.

Thanks for the help here so far !

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Glad things are getting resolved for you. I have moved your posts & their replies from Stylus into their own thread in the Tab 10.1 section for you as they were a little off thread / off device where they had been originally posted.

All the best

Remove Ads

Ads