Thread: Transferring App No Longer Available to Other Devices

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Transferring App No Longer Available to Other Devices

i have an app on my tab 10.1, gt-p7510, that is no longer available, craigsnotifica 3.28. i use this app daily to buy and sell items locally for extra cash. i need to upgrade to a new Samsung tablet and was wondering how i can transfer this app? i have Verizon cloud, but its not compatible with my 4 yr old tablet. i have a Samsung s5 on Verizon and a dell laptop with win7 and everything is Bluetooth linked. HELPPPP!!!!! THEIR IS NO OTHER CRAIGSLIST SEARCH APP AVAILABLE THAT COMPARES TO MINE!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    You should be able to transfer it using Samsung Smart Switch https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...asyMover&hl=en

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    i think i have a virus also. i tried ur link and my internet and play store are both messed up. every web site i go to i get the "there r problems w the security certificate" and it must be on a loop b/c i hit continue and brings me back. i can see the page behind the warning. also tried to goto play store app and i get a screen with "no connection, retry?" and on the left it lists settings, help, redeem, and about google. btw: i have replaced my glass/digitizer 4 or 5 times in the past 3 yrs but this lastest replacement doesn't seem to work properly. ie: when typing, press "k" and l or v or something not wanted is selected.ive reset internt to default settings. i wonder if the bad screen is also slowing it down.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    finally got into play store and my device is not compatible with ssamsung smartswitch

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    OK - here is a routine for you to deal with firstly any question of a virus/malware & secondly how to get a copy of your app.

1) Go to the Play Store & install Clean Master & it's partner app CM Security. Install both & let CM Security do a full scan.
    2) Run Clean Master on its default setting.
    Hopefully, you won't have anything dodgy, but if you do let the app/s sort it out & then reboot.
    3) Install ES File Explorer from the Play Store
    4) Tap the stacked 3 lines in the top left of the ES opening screen - a left side bar will slide out
    5) Select App from the list presented & allow ES to present a list of the apps on your device
    6) Long press on the app you want to save - it will then get a tick (check) next to it.
    7) Select "Backup" from the tool bar at the foot of the screen. ES will backup the app if it isn't copy protected & save it.
    8) Hit the x in a circle at the top right of ES & the file manager will display
    9) Tap the backups folder, then the apps folder inside it. The app you have backed up will be inside in the following format "appname.apk"
    10) Copy that file to an external source - cloud storage, microSD, email it to yourself or whatever.
    11) When you get your new device, copy that "appname.apk" onto your new device and then find it within a file manager. Double tap it within whatever file manager app you use on your new device (install ES again if you like) & the app will get installed onto your new device.

Hope that helps & all the best.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Janner43 is my hero!!!it took a bit of patience bc screen would freeze after 4 or 5 taps but turning screen off then on would fix. I used es to save to a thumb drive, then opened the drive on my laptop. my lap top could not open an apk file so I sent it via Bluetooth to my s5. thanks again!!
    janner43 likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Pleased to have helped

The "appname.apk" file you have backed up can be kept to be installed onto any android device going forward.
    The reason it didn't get recognised on your laptop is because a "abc123.apk" file is an android program file type - similar to a "abc123.exe" file type in Windows.

Remove Ads

Ads