Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

No email notification

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Model No GT-P5100. I used to get an email symbol at the bottom right hand corner when an email arrived in my Yahoo App and also an audio notification. It still shows there is an email arrived if I click at the righthand side and a box opens, but I would like to get the notification back. It did vanish once before and then reappeared a few weeks later, but it has been like this for a few months now. Has anyone any suggestions as to what I can do to get it to start working again? I can't find any settings to alter.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

Those notifications are usually controlled by the app rather than the system. Look in the settings in the mail app your using for audible notifications. Something may have changed on account of an update - possibly even not directly related to the mail app.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Those notifications are usually controlled by the app rather than the system. Look in the settings in the mail app your using for audible notifications. Something may have changed on account of an update - possibly even not directly related to the mail app.

I did check that and have had another look and Enable Notifications is ticked, it shows the audio sound I have selected and Show in status bar is ticked. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    If you didn't attempt to change the notification sounds manually you may want to try clearing the cache in the mail app. It couldn't hurt.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Gin
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, forgive me if I'm posting in wrong place, have just joined. My keyboard keeps disappearing on galaxy tab 10.1, have tried clearing cache. It's infuriating! Any ideas would be great thanks

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome

Try going to settings, apps, all. Find the keyboard app & clear cache, clear data, force close. Then power cycle your device.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    If you didn't attempt to change the notification sounds manually you may want to try clearing the cache in the mail app. It couldn't hurt.
    I cleared the cache and hoped that would work but it is still the same. I suppose it is actually notifying me there is an email because if I click at the bottom right hand side it shows how many emails have arrived, but it doesn't show at the side like it used to do - there is only a small horizontal line. Could it be a problem with the tablet rather than Yahoo? Also there is still no audio signal. I seem to think Facebook used to show there as well but I may be wrong with that. It does show if there is a Facebook message where the Yahoo email notification is. It isn't a big problem of course but it was useful to be able to glance at it or hear the audio if an email had arrived. Thanks anyway for trying to help.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I don;t use Yahoo mail or FB on my tablet so I'm not going to be much help. However with the issues you ARE having you may want to consider a factory reset. Be certain to back up your media if you go that router/

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Don't really know what you mean by back up my media. It probably sounds a silly queston to people more computer literate than me but if I do a factory reset will all the apps I have loaded since I got it not be there any more and it will go back to how it was when I first got it? Also, don't know how to do a back up!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    A factory reset put yur tab back to where it was when you bought it. Apps can be installed again and if you are syncing with Google your contacts and some settings will come back. Media is photos, docs, music etc. The can all be set to the cloud, DropBox,. Onedrive etc or copied to a microSD card or your computer prior to the reset.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads