Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Battery Saving Techniques

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I find that it really depends what the user is using it for and for how long. If you are using it to stream movies its not going to last as long if you were just using it to check email, twitter, fb, stuff like that. I want my experience to be pleasurable, easy to read, fast. I'm always carrying around my charger cable so I don't mind if I'm reading or surfing the net at 100 percent brightness or my back light on for 1 min. That's why I bought the tablet, to use all its useful features

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 2 days ago and i have noticed that the battery drains at 10% in 30 minutes making it last for around 6 hours. How could i fix this problem so that a could i use it for the 10 hours it is said to last for? Please help!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I bought my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 2 days ago and i have noticed that the battery drains at 10% in 30 minutes making it last for around 6 hours. How could i fix this problem so that a could i use it for the 10 hours it is said to last for? Please help!
    Welcome to the forum

The two biggest users of battery life are...
    1) screen brightness
    2) wireless connections - wifi, Bluetooth etc

So if you have your screen set to full brightness & you have wifi & Bluetooth on & you are running live wallpaper for example, then you may well see the battery use at the level you describe.

Check your settings, reading the tips in this thread & you'll probably be able to optimise your use to balance battery life & functionality

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Re: Battery Saving Techniques

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    One thing not described in the tips is your battery is going to take about 3-7 days for the battery to become most accurate with the meter. Another thing, we often will have seemingly terrible battery life as we set things up because of the extra usage of screen, cpu , and data usage.
    After you've had it about a week or so you should start to see a better overall screen time ( the measure often used to describe real battery life).
    I average about 9 hours of screen time on mine with brightness pretty low, Wi-Fi set to sleep when the Tab sleeps Bluetooth off unless being used and syncs either set to manual or every few hours at most for my email accounts. I've got a lot of widgets on my home screens but none are running cpu in the background.
    After a few more days if you want to get a very good idea of what's using your battery an app called GSAM battery meter, free btw, will show you what's doing what between charges.
    Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Josh likes this.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads