Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb How to bypass a blocked Audio Video output ?

Hello,

I was very happy, when I wrongly believed, that I could rent movies on my Galaxy Tab and view them on my television. I updated the "Media Hub" program(which is Samsung). I connected my tablet to the tv with an inexpensive cable. It seamed to work perfectly. I was able to watch the previews no problem. Then to my surprise and disappointment, after I paid the $3.00 rental fee the Audio/Video output on my tablet was disabled against my wishes. No where in the software was I warned about this.

To make a long story short Samsung said it was a copyright issue. How can this be when I can go out and rent a dvd and play it on my tv? So I want to take on the copyright responsibilities myself. I promise not to copy the rental. there. Now can someone tell me how to bypass this audio video out block?

-M

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    sounds like a DRM issue - likely something the content provider installed rather than the tab

Quote Originally Posted by mariohere View Post
    Hello,

I was very happy, when I wrongly believed, that I could rent movies on my Galaxy Tab and view them on my television. I updated the "Media Hub" program(which is Samsung). I connected my tablet to the tv with an inexpensive cable. It seamed to work perfectly. I was able to watch the previews no problem. Then to my surprise and disappointment, after I paid the $3.00 rental fee the Audio/Video output on my tablet was disabled against my wishes. No where in the software was I warned about this.

To make a long story short Samsung said it was a copyright issue. How can this be when I can go out and rent a dvd and play it on my tv? So I want to take on the copyright responsibilities myself. I promise not to copy the rental. there. Now can someone tell me how to bypass this audio video out block?

-M

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I haven't heard of any way to bypass the Media Hub DRM, which is setup in such a way that the host software does exactly what you describe...disables the HDMI out. :-( For what it's worth, I have $50 worth of purchased movies from Media Hub. :-$

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads