Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Battery Frustration

I bought the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for my wife a fews years back. Everything was great but then after about a year. The battery life started dwindling. I did the normal troubleshooting, turned off apps, turned the brightness down, I even reset to default settings. So I went online and saw some videos and posts about possibly being the battery itself. So I bought a battery through amazon, installed it and for about a week, it was great but now it's back to the same thing. Takes forever to charge, like 8-12hrs, then when its fully charged, I can use it for about 20 mins and then the battery dies. So now it just sits in my closet. Is there anything that can be done or am I just out a tablet?

Thanks

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by tcardona671 View Post
    I bought the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for my wife a fews years back. Everything was great but then after about a year. The battery life started dwindling. I did the normal troubleshooting, turned off apps, turned the brightness down, I even reset to default settings. So I went online and saw some videos and posts about possibly being the battery itself. So I bought a battery through amazon, installed it and for about a week, it was great but now it's back to the same thing. Takes forever to charge, like 8-12hrs, then when its fully charged, I can use it for about 20 mins and then the battery dies. So now it just sits in my closet. Is there anything that can be done or am I just out a tablet? Thanks
    Welcome to the forum tcardona671. This is a tough one! I can only think of two reasons your having these battery issues after buyinga new one. First, especially if you purchased a third party battery, it could be old, or defective. Second, it could be something else that's affecting this behavior, although I don't have the techspertise to know what it could be! Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

Remove Ads

Ads