Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sculptedstylus
  • 1 Post By mucky1957

Thread: How To Get Face Book Front Page Back?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

How To Get Face Book Front Page Back?

Hi guys,

I have a galaxy 10.1 tablet and I run face book on it.
    For some reason I have 'lost' all my group details and contact details that were on the front page of FB.
    All I have is the news feed down the middle of the page. The groups list on the left side has gone although they are all still on the app and the individual contacts listed on the right has gone even though they are all still on the app just not on the main page.
    Can someone explain how I get them back please. I've clicked on something and I don't know how to reverse what I have done.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Mucky1957, look for three dots near the missing part, they will give you the options to bring it back.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Mucky1957, look for three dots near the missing part, they will give you the options to bring it back.
    Appreciate the reply. Have a look at the two screenshots I have attached pls. The first shows what is on the page..normally I have the groups listed on the left and contacts on the right..neither are there. I clicked on the three dots and you can see what my options are...what do I do now ??IMG_20201029_141608727.jpgIMG_20201029_141617424.jpg

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Mucky1957, those were the only 3 dots on the page, even hovering around? I'd give desktop option a try and see what happens!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Mucky1957, those were the only 3 dots on the page, even hovering around? I'd give desktop option a try and see what happens!
    tried the desktop otion as well..still doesnt help.
    If I was to delete the app and then re install do I lose all the date/information that is currently there...any idea.

I have also tried to restart the tablet..no change and I did a re boot and cleared the cache..no change.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    You shouldn't lose any info if you reinstall the app. Something else to consider is that Facebook has changed its layout. Lots of my Facebook friends are up in arms about it. In fact, I used an "old layout for facebook" add-on for Firefox because I didn't like it either! Facebook eventually put a stop to it and prevented it from working. This may be what you are experiencing. If it is, there is probably not much you can do about it!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    You shouldn't lose any info if you reinstall the app. Something else to consider is that Facebook has changed its layout. Lots of my Facebook friends are up in arms about it. In fact, I used an "old layout for facebook" add-on for Firefox because I didn't like it either! Facebook eventually put a stop to it and prevented it from working. This may be what you are experiencing. If it is, there is probably not much you can do about it!
    Yes..I know FB has been ruined for a lot of people. I'm still able to use the OL on my pc but who knows for how long..it may well be that.
    Thanks for all the information...much appreciated.
    sculptedstylus likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads