Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Kies Cannot Connect to GT 10.1 on USB from Windows XP

Anybody else have this problem? Amazingly, after downloading the driver via newest version of Kies on the PC, Windows File Explorer can see the "My Computer\GT-P7500\Tablet" file heirarchy and files, but Kies reports "Cannot Connect to Device", suggesting to disconnect and reconnect - which does nothing other than repeat the 'cannot connect' error message.

Upon connecting by USB cable I get the windows option menu for "Portable Device", with options to Transfer Files using Windows Media Player / Open device to view files using Windows Explorer or / Take no action. Selecting any of these does not help Kies find the device.

I am running Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2 on an HP 2210b with Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7300 2 2.0 gHz. I am surprised a new Kies can't find a new tablet but Windows can. Woud like to use Kies for file transfer as it converts files for the tablet as it syncs.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    This may or may not help but in the Samsung apps on your Tab there is a "Best Buy Kies fix" app . I don't think that is the exact name but similar and there aren't a whole lot of apps inside the Samsung app to choose from.
    Anyway that might help.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I spent hours online with Samgsung support trying to get my Sony VILE (yep, that what I named that POS notebook from Sony) it NEVER would work! I worked around the problem by loading Kies on different notebook, a Toshiba, and it worked perfectly. I also circumvented the issue by downloading ES File manager which allows me to see the other computers on my wifi network AND access shared folders and files on those other computers on my network (even a flash drive on the Sony VILE).

ES File manager is free and a top notch file manager!

Al

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    You may find a very detailed instruction on Samsung Kies Manual, page 111.Here is an extract: connect Samsung Kies to a PC http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...503_Screen.pdf (We declare that this is a quote from Samsung Kies Manual GT-I9100_UM_EU_Eng_Rev.1.0_110503_Screen)
    Last edited by PavtubeBluray; 09-19-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G 64GB,you see it?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G 64GB, you see it?
    I have read news about Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G 64GB launching since more than a month ago. I was to forget it when a question on another forum reminds me. "Has anyone seen the 64gb 3G version of Samsung Tab 10.1 anywhere?"Give time, place and price if possible. Thanks!
    Last edited by PavtubeBluray; 09-19-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I updated the Kies software yesterday and the same thing happened. The message "Cannot start service on the device...", appears. I can't say for sure that this problem has arisen due to the update since I hadn't used Kies for over a week. The tablet folder structure appears fine in my Windows XP Explorer and I can transfer files with no issues. I uninstalled the new version of Kies and reinstalled the old one. There was no change. I rolled back my "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones.." to the version on the Samsung site and no change. I even rolled back the Windows XP back to a restore point a few days back and there was no change. I haven't tried loading the drivers and Kies on a different PC. I saw the suggestion that one should wipe the tablet clean and start over. I don't have any issues doing that except for the few apps I have actually paid for. Will I have to buy them over again? If there are any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

same here help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikermark View Post
    This may or may not help but in the Samsung apps on your Tab there is a "Best Buy Kies fix" app . I don't think that is the exact name but similar and there aren't a whole lot of apps inside the Samsung app to choose from.
    Anyway that might help.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    I am having the same problem now after the new update for kies sofrware...I tried everything and nothing works. I don't realy want t try reset t factory settings is there any other know solution? Btw I am using win 7 and I tryed also on vista.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    u are not going t lose the apps u payed for....let me know when u try it pls...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Surprisingly I was able to update my wireless only GT-P1710 using the original 3.2 update without the tablet becoming a brick. However there was one problem. Since the original 3.2 update, I have not been able to link to Kies wirelessly or by USB. Wireless error message was “No SIM card.” My tablet is wireless only, it has never had a SIM card. The USB connection could not locate any devise. Before the 3.2 update I was able to connect via wireless and USB.

With the December 1st update of Kies to version 2.1.0.11112_41, I hoped that had changed. Nope I still cannot connect. However with the new update, the tablet now does not see the laptop on the network.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cwewing View Post
    Surprisingly I was able to update my wireless only GT-P1710 using the original 3.2 update without the tablet becoming a brick. However there was one problem. Since the original 3.2 update, I have not been able to link to Kies wirelessly or by USB. Wireless error message was “No SIM card.” My tablet is wireless only, it has never had a SIM card. The USB connection could not locate any devise. Before the 3.2 update I was able to connect via wireless and USB.

With the December 1st update of Kies to version 2.1.0.11112_41, I hoped that had changed. Nope I still cannot connect. However with the new update, the tablet now does not see the laptop on the network.
    I did a factory re-set. The Tab 10.1 ran new updates plus updated Flash. I can connect to Kies via USB. I still CANNOT connect via wireless. I get the same error message “No SIM card.”

Remove Ads

Ads