Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Display Garbled, Flickering and Shaky

After using tab 10.1 (GT-P7510 16GB WiFi with TouchWiz UX update) for about 15 minutes, apart from top-left part on the backside becoming quite warm, the display is garbled, flickering and shaky (like olden days overhead projectors used to do after they were used for a few hours).

Applications seem to be working fine. But, reading the screen is nearly impossible because of high flicker.

Has any one experienced this problem? Is there a solution? Are there any suggestions to reduce the heat (assuming heat is triggering it).

I hoped that it was a temporary problem and will go away with power cycle, hard reset, etc., But, no. It is a permanent problem.

So far, I have faced six problems with Galaxy Tab 10.1 (16GB, WiFi).

1. Display garbled, flickering and shaky. Latest problem -- still trying for a resolution.
    2. youtube would'nt play videos. Had to modify settings on Linksys BEFW11S4 V4 wireless-b router to use 2.437 GHz frequency
    3. DHCP causes loss of Internet connectivity after WiFi router reset because it didn't get same IP address. Had to configure static IP address
    4. newton rings, oil slick, moisture on the screen. Living with it. Don't know when this will become a disaster.
    5. glass protruding on the bottom left. Minor problem, hopefully.
    6. hardened gum on one of the sides. Minor problem.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I believe the problem is causing the heat. It sounds like something is definitely wrong on the hardware end.
    I've seen 1 other thread about this but don't know what their final resolution was.
    I'd suggest exchange it for another.

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    same here guys. my screen starts shaking after 15 minutes.
    any updates on this?

thanks,

Will

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up Tab on its way back to Samsung

I have the same issue with my 10.1 tab (flickering / shaking screen). The problem started after 2 1/2 months and is gradually getting worse. I have taken the tab to an official Samsung service shop, and they have told me its hardware related. However, as I bought the tab in the UK and am currently living outside the country they will not fix it. Therefore the tab is in the post going back to the shop i originally purchased it from who will then deal with Samsung on my behalf.

in summary, i'm not impressed with the device for breaking for no obvious reason and for Samsung for not having an international or even European wide repair service.
    Last edited by Monster; 11-22-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: additional info

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my tab repaired by Samsung. But, the problem re-appeared within a week (

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got the same screen prob. It getting worse if the tab shake hardly (like u hold the tab while running).
    Sometimes the screen turn black like it has been shutdown but it actually still on. And the battery temperature increase.
    This happen for 5 minutes (shortest time) or for thw whole day.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    there was a number or reports of display/newton rings issue in high humidity regions - do you happen to live in such a region?

Quote Originally Posted by sateeshpnv View Post
    I got my tab repaired by Samsung. But, the problem re-appeared within a week (

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Humidity ?

@AnimaTechnica, thanks for the info about humidity. I live in Bangalore, where humidity is not very high. Relative humidity in December is < 60%. Today it is 42%. Galaxy tab 10.1 p7510 manual mentions impact due to high humidity, but doesn't mention any upper limit. Maybe, p7510 has very low tolerance to humidity or maybe they don't know the limits. Searching for humidity and electronics indicates that 80% is considered the upper limit for most consumer electronics devices.

Does humidity cause permanent damage? After it shows the shaky display, if the tab works fine when put under heavy AC (which reduces humidity too), does it mean there is no permanent damage?

Remove Ads

Ads