+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help! Why are YouTube Videos Buffering Every Few Seconds!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Help! Why are YouTube Videos Buffering Every Few Seconds!

I watch YouTube video daily on my Droid X using my wi-fi network no problems ever in over a year. Have had my tab 10.1 two days and every video is buffering every five seconds or so. This is no way to watch video! Any suggestions?

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Have you done a speed test?
    Did you update to Flash 11 yet?
    Are both devices using HQ?

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I've never watched videos that don't take time to buffer, sometimes more than other times. I have always decided how much I really wanted to see the video and put up with the buffering. Thought it just came with the territory, no matter what device I was using.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Not to hijack, I do have the same issue, when HQ is selected, does it use the highest available quality? We can't choose which quality we want like we can on PC? Every time it buffers I just disable HQ and it plays ok.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry, what is HQ and how do I turn it off?

And when I set up my tablet I downloaded a flash update so assume I have the latest?

And what kind of download speed do I need to see? I assume you are asking about a speed test on my router?
    Last edited by WannaTab; 10-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, it is 10:30pm and I went to settings, screen and mode and changed from standard to movie and was able to play the video with no issues where earlier in the evening it was buffering. Thought I had something there but when I reset to standard mode it still played. Man, if my ISP is playing games with my speed I am going to be so angry! I just swtched from g router to n router last week - could that be part of the issue? Ugh!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Any more input on this from anyone???

One of the reasons I chose the Galaxy 10.1 over the Ipad is because it has the better resolution screen. I was so looking forward to wathcing HD videos on you tube and impressing all my ipad user friends. I can't get more than 30 seconds in before it stop and start buffering....

Do I need a new (better) router? Would that help??
    Is there a setting I need to change on the Galaxy?
    WannaTab likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, Please - - we need more help over here! Thank you so much!!! dschribs, I also was counting on watching HD videos on YouTube, there must be a way!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaTab View Post
    Sorry, what is HQ and how do I turn it off?

And when I set up my tablet I downloaded a flash update so assume I have the latest?

And what kind of download speed do I need to see? I assume you are asking about a speed test on my router?
    HQ is the highest quality of videos, and needs faster speeds to stay ahead of the playing. When you start a youtube video there is a little square with HQ in it. If it's red it's HQ,, tap it to make it turn gray, HQ off and see if that helps the buffering. If the video is playing faster than it can buffer it will lag and buffer. I don't know how to fix it as far as required router speeds and such as I've got dsl so I just turn HQ off. When at a local store with speeds of 5+ mbps I still get the buffering but not as frequently or as long.
    Go into the market and search Flash Player. It should show up as "update" if you don't have FP11 yet
    Getting into a urinating contest with ios users over videos is pointless. There are things about ios that outshine Android and things about Android that outshine ios. I could name at least 10 things that make my life better by using my Tab over my ipad but that's another topic for another thread
    I watch anything I can watch on my desktop on my Tab using Splashtop
    There are a ton of threads on converting movies for optimum performnce on the Tab on the forum but the few I've watched I just bought from the media hub app
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 10-17-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikermark View Post
    HQ is the highest quality of videos, and needs faster speeds to stay ahead of the playing. When you start a youtube video there is a little square with HQ in it. If it's red it's HQ,, tap it to make it turn gray, HQ off and see if that helps the buffering. If the video is playing faster than it can buffer it will lag and buffer. I don't know how to fix it as far as required router speeds and such as I've got dsl so I just turn HQ off. When at a local store with speeds of 5+ mbps I still get the buffering but not as frequently or as long.
    Go into the market and search Flash Player. It should show up as "update" if you don't have FP11 yet
    Verified I do have the Flash 11. I tried turning off HQ on YouTube and it worked! Thank you! Quality is yuck but better than buffering every few seconds so I can live. Calling my cable ISP tomorrow though...

Ads