Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Google Maps Problems - Force Reinstall????

I'm having problems with the Google Maps app. (The keyboard often won't come up when I click in an input field; the options menu at upper-right has no "directions" option although everyone insists it does on _their_ Tab 10.1; etc.)

I go to My Apps and it lists my downloads at left. Under the "Installed" list is one app, Google Maps, marked "Uninstalled".

I click on that, and get the blurb at right saying how wonderful it is.
    I've already tried to get the updates, in case that would fix anything, so the only buttons listed are "Open" and "Uninstall Updates". "Open" does what it says; "Uninstall Updates" has no effect.

So I figure I have a bad copy of Google Maps. Time to remove it and/or reinstall it.

But it's NOT removable! I go to All Apps, click-and-hold, no trash can icon, just the Information icon. (Some apps are, I find, NOT removable. Some ARE removable. Sigh.)

So, is there any way to FORCE a re-install of this app? Otherwise, it seems to be irretrievably broken, and it also seems to be the best/only app of its kind for the Tab.

Frankly, if I can't figure out how to get around this, I may just give up fighting with the Tab and just return it and get a slower-and-more-expensive-but-more-reliable Ipad.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsoncpu View Post
    I'm having problems with the Google Maps app. (The keyboard often won't come up when I click in an input field; the options menu at upper-right has no "directions" option although everyone insists it does on _their_ Tab 10.1; etc.)

I go to My Apps and it lists my downloads at left. Under the "Installed" list is one app, Google Maps, marked "Uninstalled".

I click on that, and get the blurb at right saying how wonderful it is.
    I've already tried to get the updates, in case that would fix anything, so the only buttons listed are "Open" and "Uninstall Updates". "Open" does what it says; "Uninstall Updates" has no effect.

So I figure I have a bad copy of Google Maps. Time to remove it and/or reinstall it.

But it's NOT removable! I go to All Apps, click-and-hold, no trash can icon, just the Information icon. (Some apps are, I find, NOT removable. Some ARE removable. Sigh.)

So, is there any way to FORCE a re-install of this app? Otherwise, it seems to be irretrievably broken, and it also seems to be the best/only app of its kind for the Tab.

Frankly, if I can't figure out how to get around this, I may just give up fighting with the Tab and just return it and get a slower-and-more-expensive-but-more-reliable Ipad.
    Try this go to settings- manage applications - all then click on maps and select clear data and cache and try usimg it

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That helped! Much better! Is there a way to add more way points as in the browser version of Maps?
    All I see is changing one destination for another......

Remove Ads

Ads