Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

"SD Card Unmounted or Not Present" on ES File Explorer After Ejecting USB

Hi everyone,

I recently got a USB adapter off eBay which I just tried using. It works fine, nothing wrong functionally. But when I safely eject the USB, I get a message when I use the ES File Explorer app which says "SD card unmounted or not present". As far as I can tell, I can still access all my files on my tab and it doesn't affect any function, but its really annoying having that message in the middle of my screen (it is only present in the ES File Explorer app and not anywhere else). The stock My Files app has no problems.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Anyone know how to fix it? I prefer the UI of ES File Explorer to stock so ideally I'd want to still use it, so yeah even though this problem doesn't affect any function as far as I can tell, it's really annoying! (first world problem, I know haha)

Thanks.

[edit: the message goes away when I reattach the USB, but of course, when i remove the USB again, the message reappears]
    Last edited by largoi; 10-24-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Try uninstalling ES File Explorer, and then go into the files of the Tab 10.1 with the stock file app or with the Astro app, and make sure ES File Explorer is completely gone. (note: If the Market says "Install" then you didn't completely delete ES. Make you sure it is COMPLETELY DELETED. Check for it's name anywhere in your Tab files after you have uninstalled it.)

Then download ES File Explorer from the Market again, and then power down and power up the Tab.

See if this helps.

If you have rooted Tab 10.1, there are other fixes online that involve changing path names, and disallowing root access, etc.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    True that. Even after uninstall of many apps they leave residual files or folders behind that still have to be removed manually

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Remove Ads

Ads