Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

"Backing up" a Galaxy Tab?

After reading about some of the troubles people were having with the 3.2 download - it got me thinking....

Is there any way to "back up" a tab? In other words, is there some sort of storage medium (right word?) that will store all the apps that are on your tab so if anything does happen, you don't have to try and remember what you had on your tab and don't have to download them one by one?

I'm thinking if you went to the app market - that might show you everything you had right?? Maybe I just answered my own question.

Any other way to back things up??

Can you back up what was on each of the home screens somehow?

Thanks!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    After reading about some of the troubles people were having with the 3.2 download - it got me thinking....

Is there any way to "back up" a tab? In other words, is there some sort of storage medium (right word?) that will store all the apps that are on your tab so if anything does happen, you don't have to try and remember what you had on your tab and don't have to download them one by one?

I'm thinking if you went to the app market - that might show you everything you had right?? Maybe I just answered my own question.

Any other way to back things up??

Can you back up what was on each of the home screens somehow?

Thanks!
    Clockwork mod recovery is the way to go. You install it via Odin and it alows you to make an image of your entire ROM so you can restore should things crap out. Now if you were rooted you can also use titanium backup to back up your apps and app data. If you are not rooted i believe the market automatically backs up your apps but not your data. You can also download AppBrain which tracks apps you have installed so yiu can sync back later

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What about the "Back up my data" setting in Settings -> Privacy -> Backup and Restore? What information does it actually backup? It is not well documented.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I believe that only allows google to sync apps previously downloaded after a factory reset or when switching to a new device.

Remove Ads

Ads