Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

2 for 1: Lock Screen & Wallpaper Re-Sizing

Hello! I'm so excited to have this amazing GalaxyTab 10.1

I have an issue I'm hoping someone can help with though...

Something is re-sizing my main screen wallpapers on me.

I've read that the resolution for the GalaxyTab 10.1 is 1280 x 768. To be sure, whether I use that exact resolution or any other, something changes a wallpaper I've "set" to fit correctly into something larger and not fitting correctly (regardless of the initial wallpaper resolution size).

Unfortunately just about any application or process can suddenly set off the re-sizing. Even pressing the power button to turn my GalTab off and on can re-size it. It's not every single time for any particular process, but at some point my correctly sized wallpapers will suddenly be enlarged.

My current actions to place a 1280 x 768 wallpaper is to choose one, then for "Set As ?" I use "Set as Wallpaper" and of the three "sizers" I choose the far right one for widescreen wallpapers. It's a perfect fit. I hit set and voila it's exactly placed...until something decides to enlarge it and ruins the appearance.

Thanks so much for any ideas on how to solve this problem!
    Beeblebrox

GT-P7510
    Android version 3.2
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 11-28-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Solved one issue somehow :o

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Use the app called "Wallpaper Wizardrii," and choose the option to FIT DISPLAY, when you choose wallpapers through that app.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinChelseaMA View Post
    Use the app called "Wallpaper Wizardrii," and choose the option to FIT DISPLAY, when you choose wallpapers through that app.
    Thanks so much for the suggestion David. As it turns out, after daring to do the core update, my wallpapers are no longer being re-sized on me. Ta da!

Now I'm just crossing my fingers the solution lasts more than a day.

ps I realize my main thread title is a tad confusing but originally I was having trouble getting the Lock Screen pin or password security box to show up when turning my GT off and on. I finally figured out the process for doing that correctly though and didn't know how to edit the thread title to just the wallpaper problem.
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 11-29-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Just to update, my 1280x800 native resolution wallpapers are still being re-sized on me. It's so far impossible for me to even nail down which processes do this, though it seems to be more than one.

It's noticeable because something always increases the size, zooms in a bit, so my carefully chosen proportions are no longer perfectly fit.

To try and clarify, let's say a person, maybe a good looking female perhaps, was placed such that their feet would be "standing" on the bottom black tool bar and their head below the top of the screen. If you hit the Apps or + icons you would be scrolling either above or below respectively of course, but otherwise they fit just right on the main screen.

Then you're happily doing this and that on your amazing GalTab when you go back to your main screen and, oops, something has suddenly changed and their feet are now below the tool bar and their head above the top. Boo!

I've tried Wallpaper Wizardrii, Automatic Wallpaper Changer 3 and Wallpaper Changer, all three either aren't doing the job unfortunately.

Perhaps I'm one of the only people here who creates GalTab walls in its native resolution. So for me it's obvious when my wall is re-sized. And it's obviously a problem right now.

I'm hoping one day in the future Samsung will become aware of this and have a fix. One can hope.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Have you tried MultiPicture Live Wallpaper? It let's you use the wallpapers without re-sizing.
    Beeblebrox likes this.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Just to update, my 1280x800 native resolution wallpapers are still being re-sized on me. It's so far impossible for me to even nail down which processes do this, though it seems to be more than one.

It's noticeable because something always increases the size, zooms in a bit, so my carefully chosen proportions are no longer perfectly fit.

To try and clarify, let's say a person, maybe a good looking female perhaps, was placed such that their feet would be "standing" on the bottom black tool bar and their head below the top of the screen. If you hit the Apps or + icons you would be scrolling either above or below respectively of course, but otherwise they fit just right on the main screen.

Then you're happily doing this and that on your amazing GalTab when you go back to your main screen and, oops, something has suddenly changed and their feet are now below the tool bar and their head above the top. Boo!

I've tried Wallpaper Wizardrii, Automatic Wallpaper Changer 3 and Wallpaper Changer, all three either aren't doing the job unfortunately.

Perhaps I'm one of the only people here who creates GalTab walls in its native resolution. So for me it's obvious when my wall is re-sized. And it's obviously a problem right now.

I'm hoping one day in the future Samsung will become aware of this and have a fix. One can hope.
    I create wallpaper on my desktop computer, and this has been frustrating for me as well. I've tried creating images with slightly different H to W , but none works as I expected. I'm going to try the MultiPicture Live Wallpaper app!
    Last edited by gini; 12-03-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    Have you tried MultiPicture Live Wallpaper? It let's you use the wallpapers without re-sizing.
    Thanks tweebee, I will definitely try that one out too.

Gini, it can be SO frustrating when you're creating your own unique walls!

Further searching here at galaxytabforums dug up the Wallpaper For Tab 10.1 - Any Suggestions? thread which was an interesting and informative thread. We're not alone!

Before I found that thread and could try some very good ideas supplied in it I had been playing around quite a bit already, so I found my own work around.

Essentially some type of zoom/increase function occurs for me, my walls expand to something on the order of 10-20 percent larger (I'm a terrible guess-timator). Since this zoom/increase percentage (whatever it is precisely) seems to typically be the same each time, I plan accordingly and make sure specific parts of an image will be expanded exactly where I want them.

Not sure that is clear or not but then I'm a fuzzy logic kinda person and should be asleep now anyway lol.

Good luck to everyone who loves a good GalTab wallpaper!
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 12-06-2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: singular plural yada yada

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Thanks tweebee, I will definitely try that one out too.

Gini, it can be SO frustrating when you're creating your own unique walls!

Further searching here at galaxytabforums dug up the Wallpaper For Tab 10.1 - Any Suggestions? thread which was an interesting and informative thread. We're not alone!

Before I found that thread and could try some very good ideas supplied in it I had been playing around quite a bit already, so I found my own work around.

Essentially some type of zoom/increase function occurs for me, my walls expand to something on the order of 10-20 percent larger (I'm a terrible guess-timator). Since this zoom/increase percentage (whatever it is precisely) seems to typically be the same each time, I plan accordingly and make sure specific parts of an image will be expanded exactly where I want them.

Not sure that is clear or not but then I'm a fuzzy logic kinda person and should be asleep now anyway lol.

Good luck to everyone who loves a good GalTab wallpaper!
    I followed the thread you mention above and even added some of my own experimental methods. My best technique to date, though, continues to be the one described here Essentially, it creates a "throw-away" border to protect the portions of the image I want to maintain.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Try: hwallpapers.weebly.com

Not many GT 10.1 wallpapers at the moment, but more to follow.

These GT 10.1 wallpapers are easy to set. Download and set! No cropping or resizing or anything.

The GT auto crops images for horizontal and vertical flip views. These wallpapers accommodate both views.

Remove Ads

Ads