Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Post WiFi Hotspot Stops Working Correctly

I use the wifi-tethering function of my Galaxy Tab (GT-7100 equipped with a sim-card) to create a wifi hotspot and to connect our 2 laptops. Everything starts working correctly but after some time (sometimes more than an hour, but mostly 5 to 10 minutes) de laptops loses their internet connection. The network icon on the laptops states then: Connected to "networkname" - Access: only local (instead of Access: local and internet).
    On the tab there is nothing special at that moment: internet is still working and it indicates that the wifi hotspot is still active.
    To regain internet access on the laptops I need to stop the wifi-tethering on the tab and restart it. This solves the problem for some minutes.
    I had this problem first with a sim card form Orange and now with a sim card form Vodafone.
    Is it possible that there is something wrong with the settings on my tab?
    Please can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem with my Galaxy tab 10.1, verizon sim card. The hot spot connection is very unstable. Anyone have any ideas, in particular if there is a setting adjustment?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    First thing I would check to see if the inactivity timeout setting is too low. I have mine set to never timeout. Another thing to check is, do you have any data saver or power management settings (or Tasker type apps) that disable your data connection when the screen turns off.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    HELP! I have a sprint rooted galaxy tab which has worked wonderfully for 9 months now. yesterday it did a system update, now I no longer am able to copnnect to wifi. have checked everything i can think of, any solutions??????

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Hey tp!!!! We get around don't we. LOL
    It's not uncommon to loose root after a system update. Are you able to use any other root apps? If not, you'll need to reroot.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    ^not sure why that was what I quoted, but I meant to quote cctudy.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is caused by the mobile network your hotspots is connected to.
    I know hotspots is a feature on many of today's smartphones but its more to get you out of a fix if your on the go so isn't as stable as a permanent wifi router/setup.

Your laptops/tabs should auto connect toyour hotspots when available so I suggest cutting out having to do the same thing on both devices download 3g on/off or apn on/off depending on your hotspots device and save the widget to your homescreen. If this issue occurs unchecked and recheck the on/off widget and this will restart your hotspots connection.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    dmooney is spot-on with the case.
    Theoretically, there is also possibility that when two or more of the "same" apps (coming from two or more connected sub-clients) are seen coming from one IP (depending on how the app packaged their data packet whether to include specific UDP etc information), and in that case the Tab would NOT be confused when only one sent out and later received the reply, but if two or more data sent from different sub-clients for same app without specific sub-client information then Tab would logically receive and relay the received reply to the client who sent the request last, thus forfeiting the first sender. In short, not all apps work well in mobile-hotspot.

Remove Ads

Ads