Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Transferring Ebooks from Mac to Galaxy Tab 10.1 Other Than Kies or Blue Tooth

Hi everyone,
    Has anyone found an alternative way to transfer files from their Mac 10.7.2 to their Galaxy Tab 10.1 yet? I see a lot of people are upset with how they can not copy their ebooks from a Mac. Surely Samsung has noticed this flaw and tried to solution it with an update. Its a bit unfair that I even gave my Acer iconia a500 away for a galaxy tab 10.1 only to find that I can't copy my huge book collection over in one go. I would like program that can access the ram of my GT so I can move files around. If anyone knows of a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks.
    Knowing others is wisdom;
    Knowing the self is enlightment.
    Mastering others requires force;
    Mastering the self needs strength.

He who knows he has enough is rich.
    Perseverance is a sign of will power.
    He who stays where he is endures.
    To die but not to perish is to be eternally present.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there a Mac-version of Dropbox???

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm a PC guy, so forgive my ignorance. Does the drag and drop method not work if you connect your tablet to your Mac via usb cable?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    G'day mate,

I am not a mac user, so I can't say for sure that this will work for you, but it is worth a try. The process is a bit complicated so I'll give step by step instructions.

1) download, install and open Filezilla client on your mac
    2) download ,install and open File Expert on your tablet
    3) Touch "Share My Contents" > "Start Share via FTP"
    4) A dialog box will appear that present it's host address (192.168.1.1xx), port (four digit number shown at end of the host address) , user name and password.
    5) Enter this information into the corresponding fields in Filezilla on you mac and click quick connect.
    6) You should now see two panes showing the file structures on your mac and on your tablet. Navigate to the source folder and destination folder on your tablet.
    7) Use control + click to select multiple files you want to transfer. Drag and drop to the tablet pane and your done.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by fractal38; 12-21-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Australiano View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Has anyone found an alternative way to transfer files from their Mac 10.7.2 to their Galaxy Tab 10.1 yet? I see a lot of people are upset with how they can not copy their ebooks from a Mac. Surely Samsung has noticed this flaw and tried to solution it with an update. Its a bit unfair that I even gave my Acer iconia a500 away for a galaxy tab 10.1 only to find that I can't copy my huge book collection over in one go. I would like program that can access the ram of my GT so I can move files around. If anyone knows of a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks.
    Try sugar sync which lets you store your files in the cloud and sync to your devices. Not the ideal solution but hopefully alleviates some pain

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ebooks purchased on iTunes might have drm protection. It is possible to get drm removal software.

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help

I am having this same problem. I have books downloaded onto my Samsung Tablet from my macbook, but they will not open on the tablet. It says that "No Applications Can Perform This Action". Not sure what to do. I am using both Nook and the Kindle Apps and nothing is working.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by mmtheg View Post
    I am having this same problem. I have books downloaded onto my Samsung Tablet from my macbook, but they will not open on the tablet. It says that "No Applications Can Perform This Action". Not sure what to do. I am using both Nook and the Kindle Apps and nothing is working.
    Welcome to the forum

I expect you just need a suitable app to open them with
    Try Aldiko or Cool Reader from the Play Store.

It would help to give a better answer if you specified the format of the e-books, ie .pdf or .epub to give two different examples.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    DRM will prevent you from opening Nook books after you copy them. If you use the Nook app, log into your account, go to your online library. Then tell it to accept your GT2 as an authorized device. Then click each "download now" icon that sits on top of each book in your online library. Each book will download, allowing you to read it. Kindle app works in a similar way.
    An alternative method is to use something like the Adobe digital reader app on your Mac, connect the new device (tablet), and authorize it. Only then copy the books. However, I can't get my Mac to see this particular tablet.
    I would like to know how you copied the files from your Macbook to your tablet. The only way I can do this is by swapping out the memory cards.

Remove Ads

Ads