Thread: WiFi Tethering

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

WiFi Tethering

Hi,

I know this has been addressed many, many times on this forum, but I can not find a definitive answer on this. I have a Galaxy 10.1 16gb Wifi only tablet, with an original HTC Incredible (Verizon). I have followed every set of instructions I could find to accomplish tethering between the two devices, but I can not get anything to work.

When I pair both devices via bluetooth, they show as paired on both devices. When I click the wrench next to the phone on the tablet to enable the tethering, there is no option to tether. Under 'profiles' when I click the wrench, it is empty which seems to be the issue.

I then try to pair the two using PDA Net, and I have followed all instructions exactly. They both show connected, but when I click on the browser, it just says 'loading'.

I have searched every forum I could find, but I can not find an answer. I know I am doing this properly because I follow the same steps on my girlfriend's Droid 1 and it works perfectly both ways. I would like to use the bluetooth way if possible rather than the PDA Net.

Any advice at all is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    There is a way to use mobile hotspot without getting charged and you dont need to be rooted or use the wireless tether .apk, here it is: On the phone do ##778 goto edit mode enter 000000. Then go into the security settings change the S.IP DUN User name to yourvzwnumber@vzw3g.com, back out to the M.IP Default Profile and change your DUN NAI to yourvzwnumber@vwz3g.com hit menu and hit Commit Modifications. You should be good to go.

http://www.incredibleforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=97928

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikermark View Post
    There is a way to use mobile hotspot without getting charged and you dont need to be rooted or use the wireless tether .apk, here it is: On the phone do ##778 goto edit mode enter 000000. Then go into the security settings change the S.IP DUN User name to yourvzwnumber@vzw3g.com, back out to the M.IP Default Profile and change your DUN NAI to yourvzwnumber@vwz3g.com hit menu and hit Commit Modifications. You should be good to go.

3G Mobile Hotspot, Free or Not? - Page 6

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk
    I appreciate the response, but I think I'd like to do it the bluetoothway. I feel like I can get into trouble doing it the way you mentioned.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    look up how to enable adhoc wifi on galaxy tab on google. i think i followed the one on youtube. watch the video a few times and read the comments. it took me a couple of tries but my tab can now see my epic 4g touch when i turn on wifi hotspot (free).

you need to be rooted first.

look up root by odin method on youtube and follow directions. seems hard at first but youll realize how easy it was once you complete it.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkim575 View Post
    look up how to enable adhoc wifi on galaxy tab on google. i think i followed the one on youtube. watch the video a few times and read the comments. it took me a couple of tries but my tab can now see my epic 4g touch when i turn on wifi hotspot (free).

you need to be rooted first.

look up root by odin method on youtube and follow directions. seems hard at first but youll realize how easy it was once you complete it.
    Thanks! I'll give that a try

Remove Ads

Ads