Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where's the Mic Exactly?

  1. #1
    Andromeda
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    71
    Member #
    3368
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

    Where's the Mic Exactly?

    Sorry! lol but I'm unable to determine precisely where the microphone on my GalTab is and searching the Samsung website and various others has tired me out.

    I see this tiny little hole on the bottom of my unit but am having a hard time believing that's it.
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 02-02-2012 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Polaris
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,212
    Member #
    117
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Sorry! lol but I'm unable to determine precisely where the microphone on my GalTab is and searching the Samsung website and various others has tired me out.

    I see this tiny little hole on the bottom of my unit but am having a hard time believing that's it.
    Yep it's right there next to the 30 pin connector
    And there was a post i read at one time when someone thought it was a reset hole and poked it with a pin

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    XXXXX
    Posts
    2,109
    Member #
    87
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Poking it with a pin thinking it was a reset hole sounds like something I would do. Sometimes we can be too curious for our own good.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    856
    Member #
    229
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Page 13 of the manual shows that tiny hole is indeed the mic.

    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ser_Manual.pdf
    Beeblebrox likes this.

  5. #5
    Sirius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey, U.K.
    Posts
    320
    Member #
    1494
    Liked
    9 times
    Mic's have been this small for a couple of years now. Look at laptops with a webcam, next to it is the same size hole, its the mic.
    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

  6. #6
    Sirius
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    White Bear Lake Minnesota
    Posts
    121
    Member #
    5081
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    Page 13 of the manual shows that tiny hole is indeed the mic.

    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ser_Manual.pdf
    Geez, I thought that was the drain hole.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB..........in "Metallic Gray".
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota

  7. #7
    Andromeda
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    71
    Member #
    3368
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sauspud View Post
    Mic's have been this small for a couple of years now. Look at laptops with a webcam, next to it is the same size hole, its the mic.
    Thanks everyone. I can assume that the sound recorded from laptops has been sucky for a couple years now too then. A piece or two of dust lodging itself in there will likely end its recording ability so I'm not too impressed.

  8. #8
    Sirius
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    123
    Member #
    4422
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Thanks everyone. I can assume that the sound recorded from laptops has been sucky for a couple years now too then. A piece or two of dust lodging itself in there will likely end its recording ability so I'm not too impressed.
    Perhaps not.

    My cover covers the mic entirely, but I cannot tell the difference in recording quality with it on or off.

  9. #9
    Andromeda
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    71
    Member #
    3368
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by chesterdog View Post
    Perhaps not.

    My cover covers the mic entirely, but I cannot tell the difference in recording quality with it on or off.
    That really says it all right there.

  10. #10
    Sirius
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    123
    Member #
    4422
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes - it is completely useless either way!




    Not really, just kidding. :-)


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

galaxy tab 2 microphone
,
microphone on samsung galaxy tablet
,

samsung galaxy microphone location

,
samsung galaxy tab 2 microphone
,

samsung galaxy tablet microphone

,

samsung tablet microphone

,
where is mic on galaxy tab
,

where is the mic on galaxy tab 10.1

,

where is the microphone on samsung galaxy tab

,
where is the microphone on the samsung galaxy tab 10.1
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 PM.