Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation How To Remove "Retail Mode" or "Demo Mode"?

Hey everyone! I am really hoping someone can help me as I have tried everything and am out of options. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on craigslist and when I got home, charged it and finally turned it on, I realized that it is completely stripped down and appears to have some sort of "store demo" mode on it. When I go into the applications settings tab, I can see that it has all of the standard apps on it like mail, calculator, books, browser, etc. but it only has one screen and it does not show any of the apps on any home pages nor does it have the apps tab at the top so I cannot actually access any of the apps - its almost like they don't exist. Most of the settings are blocked as well. The only thing it has on the one home screen is the Settings widget and a SamsungSmart widget. It looks like this tab was a store demo and now I need to know how to get this software off so I can use the tab normally. I have tried to root it already and no luck. I downloaded the Samsung drivers as well as the tabroot.zip file and used Odin. I can download the PDA file but when I get to the point to install the actual Android OS, I cannot access the tab's internal files to copy the software into its root folder. Does anyone truly know how to get this tab working? I tried a factory reset also and that doesn't work either. When I did the Restore, I unchecked the "Back up my data" box but there is another box that says "Automatic Restore" and the box is checked. I tried to uncheck the box but that setting is grayed out and is blocked so I cannot make any changes to it. I went into manage apps and I was going to clear the data on a few but I didn't try it because I wasn't sure what apps were for what and I don't want to totally screw it up all together. I cannot return the tab and am stuck with it. But I figure someone had to put this demo mode on the tab so it has to be able to be taken off. If anyone knows how to help me, PLEASE let me know asap!!

Here is the info on the tab which may be helpful:

Model #: GT-P7510
    Android 3.1
    Baseband Version: Unknown
    Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3 - se.infra@SEP-65 #1
    Build Number: HMJ37.eng.se.infra.20110819.115247 Unknown
    Last edited by taryn25; 02-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I think you are stuck with it but maybe someone else can help.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Why can't you return it?
    eBay?
    You should be able to return it regardless as it doesn't work like it should.

Why would it be setup in Demo mode to begin with?
    Ripped off from a store?
    Sorry but I'm suspicious of posts like this..........You might get more help if you tell us your reasons for the issues you have.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB..........in "Metallic Gray".
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought it on craigslist. So I suppose it is my fault for not completely making sure that it worked, but the battery was completely dead and I couldn't turn it on. It had all of the plastic on it and there was no way that it was ever used so I figured why wouldn't it work? But as soon as i got home and charged it, that's when I noticed that it is not a regular tab and it is like a demo tab. And of course now, the person that I bought it from won't take my calls or answer my texts so I got ripped off. But I know that there has to be some way for me to make this tab work. I just need some help...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    I suggest giving this a try, http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum...-way-back.html, it will take you back to stock.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You can flash back to original ROM you can search at samfirmware.com instruction and required app is in tha website. You can read carefully

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Easy. Turn of the screen saver in settings.

HEY

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Teenie Weinie problem

The problem is it is in device administrator just deactive it on setting> security> device administrators then uncheck it then deactivate it you
    can now uninstall it im using tab 3 7.0 I try to download myself then i fixed it myself

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 4

OK, what I did was root it first with kingoroot, then install an app freezer/disabler , then freeze the Retail Mode and Samsung Retail Mode apps (there's two). I know it doesn't totally take it off the device but I can install anything I want, disable the screen saver, etc. I can reboot and even let it sit there untouched for an unending amount of time and retail doesn't rear it's ugly head. Ever. I'm going to try the passwords next if I get the balls to unfreeze it.

Remove Ads

Ads