Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How Do I Delete "Words with Friends" App from My Galaxy Tab 10.1?

I downloaded "Words with Friends" to my Galaxy Tab and to my Facebook account and synced them. Now I would like to uninstall and delete the app from my tablet. I have already deleted it from my Facebook account. However, on my tablet, when I go to Settings> Manage Applications> Words with Friends, there is no option to uninstall or delete the app. I selected "Force Stop" and "Uninstall Updates." The app then disappeared from the list of "My Apps" but it still appears when I select "All Apps". How can I make this go away? Please advise.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you install it from the market/play store? Try uninstalling from there...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I did install it from the Google Play Market. It's still showing there under MY Apps, but the only options it gives is either update it or install it on another device. No where can I find a way to delete the app.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulucello View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I did install it from the Google Play Market. It's still showing there under MY Apps, but the only options it gives is either update it or install it on another device. No where can I find a way to delete the app.
    Two ways first go to your app tray long press the app and drsg it to the trash can. It zhould ask you if you want to uninstall.

Second way os to go to settings - applications - manage applications then select rhe app and click uninstall

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, but this doesn't work. When I long press the app in order to drag it to the trashcan, no trash can option appears in the upper right corner. I think this is because this app no longer appears on my "My Apps" page. It only shows up when I select "All Apps". And then the trash option doesn't appear. Going to settings, manage apps, there is no option to uninstall this particular pesky app.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You said you see this in market under "my apps/all"? If that is the case, it probably is uninstalled. Every app you download/try/buy/uninstall/etc. from market stays there. You can probably delete history and this info, but that is another issue...

Is app still showing in drawer? Does it show from settings/applications/manage applications/all? If not, it sounds like it is uninstalled.

If it does show, go to market and update it to latest version. Reboot phone, then try uninstalling.

As a last thought, are you sure YOU installed this app? Some phones/carriers are including this game (and Facebook/TuneWiki/others) as part of the "bloatware".

You may have just updated it from market, thinking you were downloading it. This can be why in settings /applications/manage applications you were able to turn off updates and force close the app, but not uninstall. If this is the case, only way to uninstall is by rooting the phone...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Words with Friends came with TouchWiz. It should be a system app that you cannot remove unless you're rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Interesting, although that is what I stated probably was the case in my last post. I have Galaxy 10.1 tablet, Wi-Fi only. Came with Android 3.1. Did not have Words With Friends...I rooted and am using Task ROM 10.1...Was supposed to be as "stock" as a ROM could be. Using touchwiz...that didn't have WWF either...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You may have just updated it from market, thinking you were downloading it. This can be why in settings /applications/manage applications you were able to turn off updates and force close the app, but not uninstall. If this is the case, only way to uninstall is by rooting the phone...

I think this is the source of the problem. Thanks for your input.
    Judith (Lulucello)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    Interesting, although that is what I stated probably was the case in my last post. I have Galaxy 10.1 tablet, Wi-Fi only. Came with Android 3.1. Did not have Words With Friends...I rooted and am using Task ROM 10.1...Was supposed to be as "stock" as a ROM could be. Using touchwiz...that didn't have WWF either...

It was probably removed from the ROM by the dev.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads