Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Dolphin HD keeps displaying mobile version of sites

I like the look, setup, and features of Dolphin HD but every time I open it up I get frustrated with the fact that it keeps opening up mobile versions of certain sites like Bank of America. I know about changing the UA string by accessing the settings and for Dolphin HD in particular its called User Agent and I set it to Desktop. Despite this, sites still display as mobile sites. I tried downloading the Dolphin addon for easy switching between android/desktop agents and it still doesn't respond. I tried the newest beta v5.1.1 and still no luck. I uninstalled and tried reinstalling to only find the same outcome. I just wanted to know if I just have bad luck or if Dolphin HD isn't a true desktop browsing experience like Maxthon and some of the others. It's weird because some sites are fine like YouTube and MSN and others I have no luck.

Sites I tried that ended up in mobile versions of the original site:
    Bank of America.com
    Espn.com
    NYTimes.com
    BBC and others

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    hmm i also visit ESPN - and if you are in Android user agent mode, you type ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports it redirects you to the mobile site - changing the user agent to desktop and hitting refresh, still dumps you into the mobile site. however when you are in desktop mode and type in the url ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports you go to the normal espn site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I like the look, setup, and features of Dolphin HD but every time I open it up I get frustrated with the fact that it keeps opening up mobile versions of certain sites like Bank of America. I know about changing the UA string by accessing the settings and for Dolphin HD in particular its called User Agent and I set it to Desktop. Despite this, sites still display as mobile sites. I tried downloading the Dolphin addon for easy switching between android/desktop agents and it still doesn't respond. I tried the newest beta v5.1.1 and still no luck. I uninstalled and tried reinstalling to only find the same outcome. I just wanted to know if I just have bad luck or if Dolphin HD isn't a true desktop browsing experience like Maxthon and some of the others. It's weird because some sites are fine like YouTube and MSN and others I have no luck.

Sites I tried that ended up in mobile versions of the original site:
    Bank of America.com
    Espn.com
    NYTimes.com
    BBC and others

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Change the the settings to desktop in the setting area of the browser.
    Once in a Life Time

Remove Ads

Ads