Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Problem with Kies

Okay, so here is what is going on. I am trying to get Kies to connect to my Tab 10.1, but I get the following error:

"Cannot start service on the device. Please disconnect and then reconnect the device"

I have uinstalled Kies and the driver, ran CC Cleaner to clean up the registry, reinstalled Kies, rebooted the PC, rebooted the Tab, but same error every time. I've tried all of the available ports on my computer, same error. I'm at a loss.

I'm running Win 7 Enterprise, 64-bit.

The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset. Any suggestions?

PS - Windows recognizes it just fine.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well, looks like doing a factory reset on it did the trick. Downloading the update right now.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, I am new here...trying to find solution to my too, but.....
    This problem is not new to me...from Vista to Win7. I thought upgrade from Vista to Win7 would resolved this issue...but I was wrong.
    I had reset my Tab 10.1 P7500 3 times...YES! 3 TIMES!! Once done by Samsung SC Tech, spent 3 hrs there, after 3 weeks of usage, no connection happen again. 2nd and 3rd factory reset done by myself...now thought that if with ICS upgrade, things may get better...reading through this forus..haha...fat hope!!
    The last factory setting only last for 2 weeks. Connecting to Kies every time I download an Apps...connection is good...download all the required Apps in 1 week...connection is fine for the next 2 days (just to confirm connection is running)...Didn't connect until 5 days later...and...KABANG!!! not able to make connection to Kies any more...uses back my old labtop running on Vista...nope...nothing happen...
    Called Samsung CS...guess what they answer...'No one complain about such issue'....HaHaha!! Why so many here ah!! ""scratch head""
    Either Samsung BUCKUP!! with their software...if not, many will be leaving them OUT!!
    Take care Bros!!

Remove Ads

Ads