Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: buyers remorse?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

buyers remorse?

I've had the tab for a couple of weeks, now. I have found there are several websites that don't work properly. Specifically, some real estate sites I use everyday. Any idea why? And better yet, any solutions? These sites work on the I pad!
    Cyndi
    GT-P7510 (10.1 WiFi)
    Cell: HTC Evo 4g by Sprint

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What sites?
    Have you tried...
    1) Type "about:debug"
    2) Go to Settings
    3) Go to Debug
    4) Press UA Strings
    5) Desktop

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No, I have not tried that. Do you mean when I am on the site that doesn't work?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    OK. I figured out what you meant. I tried it and it didn't! Any other suggestions?
    Cyndi
    GT-P7510 (10.1 WiFi)
    Cell: HTC Evo 4g by Sprint

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Have you tried a different browser (Opera Mobile, Firefox, Maxthon, Dolphin HD etc?...and go to the market and get the latest Flash update

Bill

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcfarran View Post
    I've had the tab for a couple of weeks, now. I have found there are several websites that don't work properly. Specifically, some real estate sites I use everyday. Any idea why? And better yet, any solutions? These sites work on the I pad!
    On your ipad are you meaning it opens in Safari?
    I ask because that can hopefully clue into a solution. Safari on the ipad is the same mobile view as the iPhone.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    tcoughlin77 likes this.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Thought I read recently to be careful with Flash because of virus introduction lately.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    There are some sites that I read regularly, which this tablet doesn't play well with. Like, io9, which is a science fiction blog site, and also on Americablog, a political site. I've had three of this same tablet. The first one had a flaw under the screen, so I returned it, and the second one I exchanged for the one with 32g memory. All three had same issue on these sites.

Both sites have lots of flash video, and you have to change from desktop to "android" mode to get the flash to work properly. On Americablog, I even had to set "plugins" to "on-demand" in settings, in order to even make the flash videos clickable. Just, WEIRD. Of course, there are plenty of sites that work just fine. Very hit and miss.

My cheapo Viewsonic gTab, that I bought last March, had no problem with io9 or with Americablog. But, there are so many things that this tablet does very well, that I can overlook a handful of sites where I needed to do tweaking to get the flash to work correctly. (de-bugging to switch from android to desktop mode; changing browsers; setting plug-ins to "on demand," etc.

I have the device working the way I need it to now, after much tweaking. Hoping that future adobe flash updates and samsung updates, and of course, android updates, will resolve the flash issues, which are not really huge issues, anyway,.
    Last edited by DavidinChelseaMA; 07-24-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcfarran View Post
    OK. I figured out what you meant. I tried it and it didn't! Any other suggestions?
    What sites?

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinChelseaMA View Post
    There are some sites that I read regularly, which this tablet doesn't play well with. Like, io9, which is a science fiction blog site, and also on Americablog, a political site. I've had three of this same tablet. The first one had a flaw under the screen, so I returned it, and the second one I exchanged for the one with 32g memory. All three had same issue on these sites.

Both sites have lots of flash video, and you have to change from desktop to "android" mode to get the flash to work properly. On Americablog, I even had to set "plugins" to "on-demand" in settings, in order to even make the flash videos clickable. Just, WEIRD. Of course, there are plenty of sites that work just fine. Very hit and miss.

My cheapo Viewsonic gTab, that I bought last March, had no problem with io9 or with Americablog. But, there are so many things that this tablet does very well, that I can overlook a handful of sites where I needed to do tweaking to get the flash to work correctly. (de-bugging to switch from android to desktop mode; changing browsers; setting plug-ins to "on demand," etc.

I have the device working the way I need it to now, after much tweaking. Hoping that future adobe flash updates and samsung updates, and of course, android updates, will resolve the flash issues, which are not really huge issues, anyway,.
    They both work fine on Opera Mobile on mine

Support Our Troops!!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved
    Sent from this Galaxy
    Support Our Troops!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads