Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exchange E-mail Problem

Just got my Galaxy Tab 10.1 today. Most things are working well, so far.
    But there is a problem in connecting to my company's Exchange e-mail server. I've gone through the instructions 20-25 times, and it tells me one of two things:
    "Setup could not finish. This server requires security features that you Android device does not support."
    That's the most common response.
    The other, less common response is something like "Setup couldn't finish opening the server."
    I'm probably the only person with a non-iPad tablet in our company, which makes getting tech support problematic.
    Has anyone else encountered a problem in setting up Exchange accounts with your 10.1?
    I have checked to make sure the latest/greatest Honeycomb is running, and I have made sure the security settings are set to accept all security certificates.
    And I have created a password that allows the certificates to be stored on the tablet.
    So, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Crisis averted.
    It's a setting on the Exchange server.
    I have a Motorola Milestone X smartphone, so you'd assume that having the corporate Android-Exchange security policy setting already set for me would take care of the Galaxy Tab, too.
    But, no.
    Milestone X is Android 2.2.2. Galaxy Tab is Honeycomb (3.1).
    Our very helpful IT admin just shut the policy off, then turned it back on.
    Case closed. E-mail flowing.
    Love the Tab. Faster than hell. Can't wait for 4G.

Thanks.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Clarification. I didn't actually have the security policy for Android, my IT guy tells me.
    I do now.

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Glad to hear another problem solved!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scriberdf View Post
    Clarification. I didn't actually have the security policy for Android, my IT guy tells me.
    I do now.

Thanks.
    Hi scriberdf,

Could you possibly ask your exchange admin what exactly he changed? I have the same problem. Our exchange is hosted with my ISP, and the call center operator is not the brightest peanut in the pack. Any suggested way forward would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Fanie.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The configuration typically requires working knowledge (On the ISP side) of Exchange ActiveSync (Ports on the firewalls/perimeter protection systems and configurations on the Exchange server), creating Exchange ActiveSync Policies, enabling Exchange ActiveSync on your account, and applying the assigned Exchange ActiveSync Policies to your account.

The policies themselves have many different configuration possibilities depending on the level of security they imply.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Sorry, i can't

The IT staffer that got me up and running no longer works for us, and I don't have his contact info.
    Sorry about that.
    I'm also using Touchdown, which I love with every fiber of my being. A few thousand percent better than the native email app.

Thanks.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scriberdf View Post
    i'm also using touchdown, which i love with every fiber of my being. A few thousand percent better than the native email app.
    plus one (+1)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Guys,
    I am pulling what little hair I have left. I set up my Tablet to sync with my exchange. Essentially, I held my iphone in my hand and copied the IDENTICAL settings & clicked OK. It literally took FOREVER to finally get the e mails / Inbox folders to appear. The blue circle in middle of screen that shows Tablet is thinking... just spins & spins & will spin for 10 minutes before my e mails pop up. I send one e mail messafe.. and check for new e mails.. all turns white again (except for left hand side column which shows the Inbox / Folders). And Tablet will think forever. Not once will I get an error message... Tablet just thinks forever. I am so sick of this. I enter info in Ipad 2 and I am running in less than 2 minutes. There are no security issues set up to slow down / block the tablet. But not getting e mails really makes me angry as I am a hight volume e mail user. Hoping you can help.
    Rgds, Shawn

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by israguard View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I am pulling what little hair I have left. I set up my Tablet to sync with my exchange. Essentially, I held my iphone in my hand and copied the IDENTICAL settings & clicked OK. It literally took FOREVER to finally get the e mails / Inbox folders to appear. The blue circle in middle of screen that shows Tablet is thinking... just spins & spins & will spin for 10 minutes before my e mails pop up. I send one e mail messafe.. and check for new e mails.. all turns white again (except for left hand side column which shows the Inbox / Folders). And Tablet will think forever. Not once will I get an error message... Tablet just thinks forever. I am so sick of this. I enter info in Ipad 2 and I am running in less than 2 minutes. There are no security issues set up to slow down / block the tablet. But not getting e mails really makes me angry as I am a hight volume e mail user. Hoping you can help.
    Rgds, Shawn
    The Same with me any Help

Remove Ads

Ads